Skip to content

Match day thread: Peterborough

124»

Comments

• I had to rub my eyes as Bayo ran...yes ran...about today. He got the ball back on the centre after his goal before most of the others had finished celebrating. Gape and Freeman struggled a bit with getting the ball but played some really nice stuff in attack when they had it. I also think wheeler is a very good player. If he is being written off already then god help us. Like others I still thought we had enough to get something out of the game at 2-1 and even 3-2. It's sad when so called true fans who claim to have travelled like a million miles and seen like a million like games like write us off after a poor 38 minutes and slag off the manager as if we've never come back from losing positions in the past.

• @rmjlondon said:
    If we go up that wont happen so for all you Bayo lovers we better stay in League 1

Wow...rubbing my eyes again...despite a post slagging off a good player as usual even hatter vote yes i hate GA Richie is entertaining the chance we might go up?

• Having seen Thompson's red card tackle again, I think he can count himself lucky it was just a second yellow.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This result more than any other so far makes me think something special is happening this season.

• Noticed someone getting removed from upper tier by stewards during second half.

He wasn't kicking off or appearing drunk and left very amicably.

Can only assuming he might have been live streaming the game as he had has his headphones plugged in at the time? Anyone know the rules on this as loads of people take views of the goals?

• @Wheresthechips said:
    Noticed someone getting removed from upper tier by stewards during second half.

Can only assuming he might have been live streaming the game as he had has his headphones plugged in at the time? Anyone know the rules on this as loads of people take views of the goals?

Not live streaming but I imagine he was assisting someone with the ‘bet in play’ market. Betting apps are obviously not in real time and you get people attend matches and relay info to someone on a laptop somewhere who then defrauds bookmakers.

People have been kicked out of AP already this season for this.

• @Wheresthechips said:

Yes i was next to him i haven't got a clue why he was removed.... bizarre

• Allsop also made a great save down to his right earlier in the second half to keep us in it. He came for the ball much more out of his six yard box as well. Confidence growing should keep the moaners quiet.

• I was invited by LoveSport Radio to go on The Score with James Sherwood to discuss the game. I got so nervous I started hyperventilating, which you can kind of hear if you listen closely. Skip to 4:19:37.

https://www.lovesportradio.com/radioplayer/od/items/3467/

• @Wheresthechips said:

I've seen the same bloke slung out of the FA Upper earlier this season and had no idea why. It might be that the stewards have been told to be on the lookout for Richie.

• @Vincey said:

@Wheresthechips said:

Not live streaming but I imagine he was assisting someone with the ‘bet in play’ market. Betting apps are obviously not in real time and you get people attend matches and relay info to someone on a laptop somewhere who then defrauds bookmakers.

I very much doubt anyone is cheating in the Internet black hole that is AP. There are are scouts reporting stats at every game from here to timbuktu. If wwfc are ejecting them it's incredibly ignorant. Or possibly a megalomaniac move from @oilysailor and his army of opta nazis

• The full move for our second goal. I don't know how we watch that every week.

• 12-1 to the Wanderers!

• There was a job advertised for someone to be logging stats during games at WWFC not long ago...so be surprised if it was for that reason. But I assume as he was not offering the Frank Adams out , there must be a reason or they would not have done it! Was he drumming?

• I applied for that job - was with the company that owns Opta and would have entailed sitting in the press box tapping away with every shot, tackle, possession change. I had an interview but decided to nip it in the bud there as it would have spoilt my fan experience, ha.

• I believe a very senior person at Opta is none other than the Gasroom's very own Oily Sailor.

• Not offering the Frank Adams out? Drumming his bony fingers too loudly perhaps?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I applied for that job - was with the company that owns Opta and would have entailed sitting in the press box tapping away with every shot, tackle, possession change. I had an interview but decided to nip it in the bud there as it would have spoilt my fan experience, ha.

I did not apply, but thought about...but what's the point of getting in free if you can only tap 'What the **** was that?' into your computer to assess the number of 'What the **** was that?'s per game?

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I applied for that job - was with the company that owns Opta and would have entailed sitting in the press box tapping away with every shot, tackle, possession change. I had an interview but decided to nip it in the bud there as it would have spoilt my fan experience, ha.

One of those jobs that on first glance looks great, but in reality would totally be rubbish.

• @Vincey said:

@Wheresthechips said:

Had no idea people did that, would have thought if you lump on someone to score at approximately the time they do that would be flagged up. Maybe cashing out at the right time> @Wendoverman said:

@chairboyscentral said:

I did not apply, but thought about...but what's the point of getting in free if you can only tap 'What the **** was that?' into your computer to assess the number of 'What the **** was that?'s per game?

Wonder if they have charted out applications versus expected applications

• There was a prog on BBC about betting and there was people watching tennis games globally and sending back info to professional gamblers on who had won the next point etc..Reliant on slow umpires to update the scores.Guess the same could happen in football matches.

• It does and has done since the internet was born. BBC up to date as usual

• I watched that documentary. I bet the guy or girl on the laptop back at base was gutted not to get the Yes in time to back the draw as Kashket was hauled down for the penalty. By then the courtsider was already halfway home long before the usual early leavers.