Skip to content

Are we second on merit?

2»

Comments

• I actually thought Marquis put in a decent shout to be DDH mkII the other week

Maddison just seemed annoyed he wasn't getting everything his own way yesterday. A very petulent, and ultimately ineffective performance

• I always think of DDT when anyone mentions DDH.

• I genuinely didn't realise that was Marquis playing for Pompey last week. Last season for Doncaster complete with an Alice band, Marquis looked a class act.
    The fella up front for Pompey looked inches shorter and yards slower and just bounced off Darius and Anthony.
    I was shocked when I was informed it was Marquis.

• Fair point. Hylton, at least, is a very good footballer.

Marquis was terrible the other week

• DDH was/is always one of those players that you love to hate........unless he's playing for you that is. I'm not sure about his character/racism fit but if he did come to us, he'd have not only GA but also Bayo to deal with in the dressing room!

• Top class striker at league 1 level and could pep us up if we are having a dry spell as we wont score 3 every game

• What happened to our blind date Richie? Weren't you going to give me Jose! I waited but as usual you were a let down.

• I bet DDH really peps Richie up when he’s having a dry spell.

• I'm not sure we really need another striker and we definitely don't need any racists.

• @Username said:

@rmjlondon said:

Yes he was inept, the formation he started with never worked and some tactical things were still a problem but the players seem to solve that themselves !!!

Man marking these days is also garbage, just let the nearest player pick him up and just play normally.

Aarons will also be a massive threat in this league once match fit.

@EwanHoosaami said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    It's easy to say now, but I wasn't really that worried when we were 2-0 down yesterday - although my hope was on the assumption that Gaz would change something tactically, which he did and we should be used to by now!

But Richie boy has stuck his head over the shop counter & said that GA is tactically inept at best and should be sacked. As such, how could you possibly have had any optimism after 45 minutes yesterday?

Man marking doesn't work.. But Maddison was hauled off early as Curtis did such a good job on him.

And because he was on a booking and had tried one too many dives.

• I did enjoy the mic guy at half time saying how it was clearly going to finish 3-2

Although I was less enjoying that when it looked like we'd be losing it 3-2!

• Please ignore football expert Richie. He just posts what he thinks will get a reaction. He is no more a fan of this team than he is a professor of English literature.

• Not missed a game for 4 years though !!

• (At Kenilworth Road)

• We are definitely a legitimately good L1 team. If we are still up there at halfway, having played Sunderland, Ipswich, Blackpool, Oxford , Coventry and Doncaster, then I will consider us likely to be in the thick of it till the very end!

• @rmjlondon said:
    Not missed a game for 4 years though !!

See you on the terrace next game then?

• @rmjlondon said:
    Not missed a game for 4 years though !!

A game of tiddlywinks?

• Bonkers Conkers!

• @chairboyscentral thanks for this. Excellent stuff. Wasn't able to go to the 2 nil defeat to Gillingham but following the stats I noticed we won every measure. In a game where anecdotal evidence suggested we had a very poor performance.

I would suggest that Ainsworth is the second greatest manager in football history