Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• edited October 2019

While that is a magnficient single haul, perhaps also worth putting on the table Bradford finished 18th in league 2 the two seasons he was a regular there.

• Undoubtedly he played for Bradford at one of their lowest points, it just illustrates that often whether a player succeeds at a club is down to much more than just his talent level.

• I had completely forgotten Dennis Oli happened until I was recently reminiscing about our previous visit to the New York Stadium. Matt McClure's finest game in a Wycombe shirt? I note (and had forgotten) that Distribution Dave netted the other that evening.

• Did we ever play Oli, Logan and Kuffour in the same starting eleven?

• Although to be fair to Kuffour he did actually score a couple of goals for us.

• Remember that long stretch where we were a striker graveyard?

• @Jonny_King said:
    Although to be fair to Kuffour he did actually score a couple of goals for us.

It was the way Beavon acted, and went so late in the window, and then Kuffour magiced in with a long contract, was it 2 years, or further?

• @Jonny_King said:
    Did we ever play Oli, Logan and Kuffour in the same starting eleven?

@Jonny_King, I can see all three taking part in a couple of games at the start of 2012-13, but only two on the pitch at the same time. I've said before, the Oli-Logan pairing was the worst ever.

• @Jonny_King said:

Records suggest they had five goals between them...all scored by Kuffour! Glad I did not see much of that season!

• @Jonny_King said:

Joe K scored a worldy I recall at AP, FBook group big fans of the pics of his wife as well.

• That would have been against Leicester in the League Cup, when he inexplicably played a blinder. Logan did get one for us, but it was in the abandoned Bristol Rovers game.

• Kuffour was nowhere near as bad as the other two mentioned. I remember a game we won up at Fleetwood where he and Dean Morgan tore them to pieces

• Logan ended up about 7th choice at one stage didn't he?

• Dennis Oli looked half decent at points. Logan though was awful.

• Eze scores again.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Eze scores again.

That's a few now, isn't it.

• The Spartan South Mids 2 match yesterday between Mursley United and Sean Devine's Buckingham United was abandoned on 85 minutes when a brawl, apparently involving players and spectators, broke out. Few details as yet, Mursley were leading 3-0.

• Fair bit of brawling also at the Tony Macaroni Arena (aka The Spagettihad) where Livingston defeated Celtic 2-0.
    Gary Holt’s team very much in his own image and Neil Lennon’s Sophisticelts couldn’t cope.

• My son attended a training session with some scouts at the weekend. Mr Michael Duberry was in attendance, when he spotted my boys WWFC goalkeeping kit, he said to my boy that he doesn't remember fondly his time at our club! Now there's a surprise!

• Surprised he admitted he’d ever been there.

• Surprised he admitted he’d ever been there.

• Obviously very surprised!

• @WidmerWanderer said:
    My son attended a training session with some scouts at the weekend. Mr Michael Duberry was in attendance, when he spotted my boys WWFC goalkeeping kit, he said to my boy that he doesn't remember fondly his time at our club! Now there's a surprise!

That's two of us

• "We're not here to make up the numbers"

One of the all time great Wanderers related quotes.

• Don't forget that after leaving us Duberry later went to Oxford and scored a hat-trick. The fact that two of the goals were in the wrong net is irrelevant.

• Dean Keates back as Wrexham manager. Point the way Dean.

• edited October 2019

Looking at the Conference scores tonight and noticed bottom of the table Ebbsfleet have 3 ex-wycombe starting for them. Myles Weston, Josh Umerah and Gozie Ugwu all in the starting line-up plus last season's trialist Tomi Adeloye on the bench.

Surprising to me at least that Weston and Umerah are part of a team struggling so much when they seemed to more than hold their own in League 2.

On the other side of things Dayle Southwell is starting up front for top of the league Halifax.

• Moderately interesting feature on Dannie Bulman - 40 years old....
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49157577

• Know he’s not a player, but great to see Mike Davies appointed into a new role:
    https://warriors.co.uk/

• Elliott Benyon on the bench for Oxford City today after signing earlier in the week.