Skip to content

Match day thread: Peterborough

Comments

• edited October 2019

Anyone else seen that this ref has never reffed a League One game? New to the EFL this season. Hmmm...

• Pattison injured, per Paul Smyth.

• It could be a long day! 0-1.

• 0-2. More messy defending.

• Tactics absolutely shocking !!! Fuck off GA

• @rmjlondon said:
    Tactics absolutely shocking !!! Fuck off GA

Delusional

• We do seem to be playing an odd tactic today.

Sort of wing backs but fred more advanced his side.
    Grimmer typically caught on half way and the whole wing for their men to wander into, with a centre mid tasked with stopping it.

Looks strange but I'm no tactics mastermind. But when wheeler who is a wide player is central and you're relying on the right back for width im.not sure at all.

Peterborough obvs being an excellent goal scoring outfit for this league on top.

• Their three strikers are giving us a right lesson, different class I’m afraid, nothing to do with tactics.

• Madison is a diving prick as he was last time but defending awful and approach play not much better, bit odd to swap Fred like for like almost when it's not really working for us but we'll see.

• Fred was injured and they are 2-0 due to poor defending and tactics ...... is this is a lesson then ur a cock !!

• 3-5-2 isn't working, grimmer is having a terrible time.....

• I love Gape, but he has been awful at times today, failing to clear his lines.

• @rmjlondon is just cross because Luton are losing.

• First of the comeback!

• OUR strikers are giving them a lesson. Different class !!!!

• Get 8n there!!!!

• Unsurprisingly the first really decent attack we’ve come up against have shown our defence and keeper to be not good enough. GA should clearly have got in decent centre backs and a keeper in the summer rather than the overkill at the other end of the pitch

• 3-3! Oh my word!

• F*ck me we never know when we're beat and you can't moan at a 95th minute equalizer!!

• Atypical moaning from you lot today. No faith.

• Superb initial comeback, but that second come back at ten men, just no words!

Hope we're back to a more standard 4 at the back with a left back next though!

A lot don't like the midweek cup but it'll be good to get a few players a much needed game.

• @robin sums it up. You have to love this team

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jesus christ that was a rollercoaster!! Allsopps save at the end was incredible.....

• That was unbelievable, I need a lie down before analysing any further...

• I am lying down. Just before our second goal that was one of the best passages of play I have seen a Wycombe team play in many years. This team do not know when they are beaten.

• Another memorable game. Another pointless negative troll from our dolt in residence before the end of the game. Hope the tactical mouse is now on the posh forum explaining how Fergie got it all wrong. Second half we played some nice football. Great result fully deserved. Officials were atrocious!

• Thompson and akinfenwa were immense today and Aaron's started to grow into the game. Grimmer also played a blinder. Posh have one of the best strike forces in the league so to end it toe to toe with ten men looking the better team. Excelkent

• What @DJWYC14 said. And at @micra. If you had recovered enough to attend today I hope you are still okay. That was tough for my heart