Skip to content

Legacy Vote System Flawed ?

124»

Comments

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I just know that won't happen. British people don't do votes very well.

Americans leave a lot to be desired as well

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@LX1 said:
    If the future of our club was just about football it would be easy. Carrotts knows more than I do so would encourage her/him to keep informing. I will make my own mind up on the information.

See I'm pretty sure he knows no more than anyone else but is slightly less trustworthy with the information lots of us hear from time to time.
    I hope everyone does make there own mind up based on the correct context given to each piece of information.
    I just know that won't happen. British people don't do votes very well.

Pretty obvious he knows a lot of stuff I don't know

• @LX1 said:
    If the future of our club was just about football it would be easy. Carrotts knows more than I do so would encourage her/him to keep informing. I will make my own mind up on the information.

Whatever his experience or state of knowledge, if he informed rather than insinuated and undermined without presenting constructive alternatives, I would not have thought to comment as I did.

• edited September 2019

Reading the FB latest threads is a bit worrying.

A lot of abuse of "coffin dodgers" for being the ones who might vote no, and the best of the lot, a kid saying how "Unbelievable" it is, that anyone might want to read the full plan before voting!

You cannot make it up!

• @Malone said:
    Reading the FB latest threads is a bit worrying.

A lot of abuse of "coffin dodgers" for being the ones who might vote no, and the best of the lot, a kid saying how "Unbelievable" it is, that anyone might want to read the full plan before voting!

You cannot make it up!

See also...we voted for this...
    But it's been very carefully looked into and it will completely **** up things for about ten years. Do you want to rethink?
    No. I want it naaaaaaah....!!!!

• How many of the Facebookers can actually vote do you think?

• Hopefully not many, if that's the level of due diligence they're undertaking!

• @NiceCarrots and @marlowchair need to get on Facebook now and explain it all to the millenials and people conned with a beer tent.

• At least one of those chaps doesn't speculate.

• edited September 2019

@Malone said:
    At least one of those chaps doesn't speculate.

@Malone Is that a euphemism ?

• I'm loving the various posts on there suggesting all the near dead old men must vote yes despite having not seen the deal or they'll drag the youth into the ryman league. Apart from wether or not it might be the best place for some of them the shouting seems pretty repetitive as if it's clearly the fault of everyone male over the age of 12 that this hasn't already gone through despite the fact you can't vote yet even if you do prefer voting blind.
    The Couhigs seem perfectly reasonable and fair so pointing out that a change of wording or even a small concession might do us and them some good did seem like a perfectly reasonable thing to do, as it stands they can cut their investment in half and wack on their fees if they like for all the difference it'll make. But then I'm obviously nearly dead so it doesn't matter, good job I can't vote.

• @JoeTheDrummer has had the most reasonable post on there concerning the takeover (and possibly ever) well worth a read for those of us committed to fan ownership.

Everyone else seems to regard you as an enemy of the people if you're responsible enough to want details before voting.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    I'm loving the various posts on there suggesting all the near dead old men must vote yes despite having not seen the deal or they'll drag the youth into the ryman league. Apart from wether or not it might be the best place for some of them the shouting seems pretty repetitive as if it's clearly the fault of everyone male over the age of 12 that this hasn't already gone through despite the fact you can't vote yet even if you do prefer voting blind.
    The Couhigs seem perfectly reasonable and fair so pointing out that a change of wording or even a small concession might do us and them some good did seem like a perfectly reasonable thing to do, as it stands they can cut their investment in half and wack on their fees if they like for all the difference it'll make. But then I'm obviously nearly dead so it doesn't matter, good job I can't vote.

It seems quite surreal how many are saying vote yes, or we're doomed.
    I guess many are too young to realise it seems eerily similar to last time.

More charm, and a lot better immediate action on the pitch, but it'd be ridiculous to not see what "The plan" is first. Surely?

You can guarantee none of the ones talking about "coffin dodgers" or saying anyone voting no is killing the club are thinking to what happens when the Couhig's get to the end game of trying to sell us and the pure lottery that brings.

• @floyd said:
    @JoeTheDrummer has had the most reasonable post on there concerning the takeover (and possibly ever) well worth a read for those of us committed to fan ownership.

Everyone else seems to regard you as an enemy of the people if you're responsible enough to want details before voting.

Joe seems to just "get it" on all manner of issues.
    Shame he's no longer around and can't be more involved somehow, as in an official role.

• At what age does one become a 'coffin dodger'? My guess is that the yoof believe it to be 65 or so. In which case I fall into that category. Hope that I get to vote before the grim reaper comes a-knocking.

• I think they probably mean people over about 35 more like it!

• Agreed, my great nephew thinks I am ‘old, like thirty or something’, I first watched Wycombe fortyfive seasons ago!

• I've never visited the facebook page. Sounds brilliant.

• It's not as bad as the snapshots you get here make out, even if it lacks some of the sophisticashun you get here.

• It's nowhere near as bad as people on here make out bar 1 or 2 posters, but there's a worrying number of non- children who would sign over the club blind. Maybe if a few more sensible people stuck their head above the parapet a bit more sense could be introduced.

• @Username said:
    Maybe if a few more sensible people stuck their head above the parapet a bit more sense could be introduced.

That, of course is what we as a fan run club requires across the spectrum but sadly we don't seem to get.