Skip to content

Comments

• thanks @chairboyscentral nice to hear some of our resident football experts might have been wrong about Josh Parker. Having him and Alex S to fill the front man spot before Bayo ambles on to score sounds like a plan.

• @Wendoverman Some of the comments after the Accy game was just bizarre. I'm not yet convinced by him but saw enough in Saturday's performance to think I will be! I also think Bayo is in his best shape since joining us - perhaps not primarily an impact sub after all.

• I think we've got one of the best squads we've had for many a year...

• Surely it's the best squad we've had? The Gormania and early league O Neill teams and squads were brilliant, but this lot are competing at the top end of a higher division.

And when could we last almost pick a front 3 at random from 7 or 8 without weakening it?! Never!

• Definitely. Even the areas which concerned me - 'keeper and not enough depth at RB - don't really now. Phillips looks capable in either full-back position and Allsop has markedly improved. We were also operating seven players short at Dale, which we might not have got away with last season - although we did a lot more than get away with it on Saturday!

• @chairboyscentral , didn't we lose there last season? Without having many injuries?

Imagine if Rolando comes in and plays anywhere near his level! Mouth watering.

• Excellent article again @chairboyscentral . The only point to make is that Thompson was the former, not the latter:)

• @NorsQuarters Thanks! I need to hire a sub editor...

• @Malone We did lose there, yep. I meant in general - squad wasn't as deep in terms of quality, even though I think it was similar in terms of numbers.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    @Malone We did lose there, yep. I meant in general - squad wasn't as deep in terms of quality, even though I think it was similar in terms of numbers.

It wasn't the same size last year was it? Certainly not after the loanees went back.

• @Malone Unless I'm miscounting, it was 23 from Jan onwards. 24 now.

• did we really have 23 players last season even with the loanees going back! wow.

• *22, forgot about CMS going out on loan