Skip to content

Team coach

Just seen this on the Rochdale equivilant to the gas room.

Scummy bastards, but why would Rochdale pay for this?

Cause it’s on your property dick head.

Comments

• The majority of the small number of posters thusfar on that topic also think it incumbent on the hosts to pay for the damage caused. No need to be abusive about it.

• Does anyone know what sort of set up Rochdale have at their ground?

Is it enclosed like ours? Or is it the type of carpark that randoms can just wander past?

If it's the former, you wonder how on earth and who would be stupid enough to do such a thing, as it's surely be seen, either on camera or by stewards etc?

• edited September 2019

• Surely coach company’s issue for which they may have insurance.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Would Tesco foot the bill if your car got smashed up in their car park?

A poor analogy, I think, if you wish, as one Rochdale poster did, to consider yourself a host of invited guests.

• @DevC said:
    Surely coach company’s issue for which they may have insurance.

I dare say they might but would you want them to have to call on it had the coach been parked outside our own ground?

• I’m being thick (again) @HCblue. I don’t understand that comment.

• Which one?

• @Malone said:
    Does anyone know what sort of set up Rochdale have at their ground?

Is it enclosed like ours? Or is it the type of carpark that randoms can just wander past?

If it's the former, you wonder how on earth and who would be stupid enough to do such a thing, as it's surely be seen, either on camera or by stewards etc?

It’s at the back of the stadium, you need to go through one of the two main gates to get to it.

• The one about “calling on it” @HCblue. After waking from an unsolicited snooze I think I’ve fallen in. I take it you had in mind the implied shortcomings of our security arrangements if a coach company felt it necessary to make an insurance claim for damage caused whilst their coach was parked within our ground, presumably in the stadium car park as was apparently the case with our team coach today.

• Those screens are a lot of money!!!

• It's petty crime at the lowest level and an insurance matter, so it will be sorted between the insurance 'experts' responsible. The Rochdale staff were absolutely horrified and ashamed. Could easily have happened on or near our patch.

• @micra said:
    The one about “calling on it” @HCblue. After waking from an unsolicited snooze I think I’ve fallen in. I take it you had in mind the implied shortcomings of our security arrangements if a coach company felt it necessary to make an insurance claim for damage caused whilst their coach was parked within our ground, presumably in the stadium car park as was apparently the case with our team coach today.

You've got it.

• Shame that the "tribal" aspect of some football fans will be blaming Rochdale FC/Rochdale supporters. It clearly shouldn't be blamed on either as the event took place during the game. My personal experience of visiting that ground has always been a pleasant one. Treated for the most part in a friendly manner, fair stewarding and sociable enough in their bar. It was clearly a couple of "chancers".
    The caveat to this incident now, is that it will increase security costs, as probably they will now have to pay to have someone watch over the coach during the match & our club may now think of doing likewise.

• At least we would never seek to wind up any other club's fans by way of banter or otherwise... oh wait

• I have always found Rochdale as one of the best aways in the calendar and friends from other clubs say the same. There are many social problems up there but not the fault of Rochdale AFC