Skip to content

Match day thread: Rochdale

Comments

• The Beast

• Wowsers. Don't you dare call this off for rain ref.

• Concerns this could get abandoned. Please no!

• @Jonny_King said:
    @EwanHoosaami Bit of a long shot, but is your nephew in the Navy? I once met a guy who was a Navy medic who lived in London but had a season ticket and travelled to GP for home games.

No mate, he's a junior school teacher in Stratford,
    East London. Just moved down from Warrington, to be with his girlfriend. Madness, to travel back home to watch The Toffees, but my wife would say the same about some of the journeys I have undertaken to watch The Blues.

• Superb work so far, making me feel guilty for thinking everyone predicting us scoring plenty in the other thread were a bit optimistic!

• @Shev said:
    Concerns this could get abandoned. Please no!

Is that what's being said on the commentary? Or are you there and it's a swimming pool!?

• @Malone - it's what Phil is saying on iFollow.

• @Shev said:
    @Malone - it's what Phil is saying on iFollow.

Be devastating if this gets called off now!!

• Yep, would be a bit of a scandal.

Let's hope Rochdale players aren't doing their best Barry Fry v us in Peterboro routine, and going down every few seconds and really milking it.

• @bigred87 said:

@Shev said:
    @Malone - it's what Phil is saying on iFollow.

Be devastating if this gets called off now!!

Sun out at the end of the half
    Fingers crossed

• Team coach has had it's windscreen smashed and broken into....Parked in the club car park as well...

• Remember - if we hold on, it means we are better than Manchester United.

• @Will_i_ams said:
    Team coach has had it's windscreen smashed and broken into....Parked in the club car park as well...

That’s awful. Surely it’ll be in an area covered by CCTV.

• @Will_i_ams said:
    Team coach has had it's windscreen smashed and broken into....Parked in the club car park as well...

Could vaguely understand goon fans smashing a window.
    But breaking in?! What do they think they're nicking? And what balls of brass they have doing it that close to the ground!?

• @Will_i_ams said:

Scum!!

• @Malone said:
    Yep, would be a bit of a scandal.

Let's hope Rochdale players aren't doing their best Barry Fry v us in Peterboro routine, and going down every few seconds and really milking it.

To be fair @Malone that was a frozen surface; if memory serves we won the re-arranged fixture by the same margin as we were leading by when the original match was abandoned.

This game will run the distance.

• @micra said:

@Malone said:
    Yep, would be a bit of a scandal.

To be fair @Malone that was a frozen surface; if memory serves we won the re-arranged fixture by the same margin as we were leading by when the original match was abandoned.

This game will run the distance.

Same goalscorers as well big boy!
    The ultimate deserved outcome!

I was particularly gutted in the first game, as my uncle, who lived an hour or so away, and took me to perhaps one game every 2 seasons (with a dad who hated football) , had picked that game! Still remember seeing the shock in his face when it was called off!!

• Interesting (?) stat - we’ve now played eight of the bottom nine. We normally reserve our best performances for the top teams of course!

• YEEEEEEESSS Fred makes it 3-0!

• 3-0! Fred again!
    Incredible scenes!

• @Slaphead absolutely on the money. (WHC)

• 3-0 up. <30% possession. Just like Tom wrote about in the previews.

• Yes @HCblue, as Richie said GA is truly a master tactician.

• edited September 2019

• That. Was. Brilliant. What a team, what a squad. Aaron's still to come back. Hope Charles and Gape and .... are ok, all looked to be the worse for wear after challenges

• @rmjlondon said:
    I see the master tactician has been hard at work again ..... needs to get a grip !!

Are you going to do the dignified thing and shut up now? There's a good lad

• Say something positive @rmjlondon

• Almost halfway to safety already.

• @rmjlondon said:
    I see the master tactician has been hard at work again ..... needs to get a grip !!

Never forget this post. One of the greatest foot in mouth posts of all time.

• edited September 2019

@drcongo said:

@rmjlondon said:

Never forget this post. One of the greatest foot in mouth posts of all time.

I think Richie's post was very insightful. He was merely reminding our master tactician to ensure our players were all kitted out with long studs in the muddy conditions!