Skip to content

iFollow

Apologies, I'm sure this question has been asked several times before, but if you're visiting another country, can you get a match day pass, or do you have to be registered as permanently based abroad?

Comments

• You can get a match day pass.. Was out on tenerife in August and purchased a match pass just fine.. Think it was eur6.

• I had the opposite on holiday and was unable to connect in Greece. IFollow Helpdesk told me I could not watch without non uk address and non uk bank account.

• @Slaphead said:
    I had the opposite on holiday and was unable to connect in Greece. IFollow Helpdesk told me I could not watch without non uk address and non uk bank account.

This was Saturday game

• Same for me and my next door neighbor for Saturday (and selected other) games.

• Thanks very much. I giess I'll give it ango but won't get my hopes up!

• *Guess I'll give it a go.

Not sure what happened there...

• I’m currently in France and I have purchased a video pass for today’s game so you should be able to do it.

• It lets you purchase it but then doesn’t let you actually watch the match. It did this to me earlier in the year for a game that was actually available in the UK, so for that game everyone in the world was legally allowed to watch the game, unless they were on holiday. I made up for it by spending the entire 90 minutes ranting at their tech support through the in-page chat and discovering new depths of incredulous anger that I never knew I had.

• I tried it while away last weekend. It let me buy the match pass but I couldn't watch it because I am a UK registered customer so wasnt able to. Got my €6 back though after a couple of complaints

• I assume they do this to stop people using a VPN to watch Saturday away matches while still actually in the UK.
    Seems reasonable to do so but a bugger when you are actually abroad not to be able to watch the match.
    I assume you can watch the whole game replay the next day though?

• Hmm, a bit if conflicting advice/experiences there. I'll try and get a pass and see what happens. Guessing it probably won't work as they have me registered as UK, but as long as I can get a refund if it doesn't work then I suppose that's ok.

• Working fine here for me here in France!

• Wouldn't even give me the option of buying one. Just kept saying the match wasn't available for broadcast. No dramas, listening to Phil with a coffee. COYB!

• And Fred scores!

• I’ll try the coffee trick; in fact I’ll make one for the missus.

• Might be a really good shout by @Ned_Ludd (WHC thread).

• I follow stopped working, anyone else?

• Sound only here of course but crisp and clear.

• It was in and out all match, ooh err

• Ooh er matron.