Skip to content

Fan Forum Reaction

12346»

Comments

• @drcongo said:
    Sometimes I think about handing over the keys of the gasroom to @LX1 just to see what happens. Reckon it would liven things up a bit.

Personally i’d happily hand him/her the keys to No.10. Reckon it would calm things down a bit.

• How about we find @trevor and out the Couhigs in a room with him (I assume) and Richie for an afternoon. That should test their positivity.

If they survive that unscathed they should be able to cope with a miserable 0-2 loss to Morecambe on a cold wet February evening

• Is there a date / rough time for the big vote?

• @HCblue said:
    Good morning, @LX1. Time to get up. (Open curtains cheerfully)

What's that? You've got a headache?

Many will be pleased to hear the answer is yes. Oh dear

• @mooneyman said:

@eric_plant said:
    We still don't know how much money he has do we?

A person's wealth is immaterial unless he/her is prepared to spend it.

Also how it is calculated. A person can be cash rich, also asset rich but cash poor? Suspect it is possibly a bit rude to speculate another mans wealth on an open forum tbh.

• Are you joking? He's asking us to give him 75%of our football club

One of the most ludicrous posts I've ever read

• His net worth is shrouded in some mystery it seems.

This from Yeovil bid earlier this year

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rob-couhig-jr-yeovil-town-2564079

• @LX1 said:

@HCblue said:
    Good morning, @LX1. Time to get up. (Open curtains cheerfully)

What's that? You've got a headache?

Many will be pleased to hear the answer is yes. Oh dear

Not at all pleased to hear it. But also not at all surprised.

• @eric_plant said:
    Are you joking? He's asking us to give him 75%of our football club

In that case @eric_plant, I respectfully suggest you read a bit more if you honestly believe your statement! Merely suggesting that it would be perhaps not best form to be discussing someones personal wealth on an open forum is a matter of taste.

Assuming you have an influence on the outcome of the vote, shall we discuss your income & value?

• I think if your wealth propels you into the public square you should be ok with some public discussion of your wealth.

Plus, he’s American.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@eric_plant said:
    Are you joking? He's asking us to give him 75%of our football club

In that case @eric_plant, I respectfully suggest you read a bit more if you honestly believe your statement! Merely suggesting that it would be perhaps not best form to be discussing someones personal wealth on an open forum is a matter of taste.

Assuming you have an influence on the outcome of the vote, shall we discuss your income & value?

I think it's a fair question to ask a prospective owner, we need to know that they have enough capital to keep the club going or we're no more secure than being owned by the trust.

• @EwanHoosaami - @eric_plant isn't trying to buy the club. Football is littered with people claiming to have money they don't have to get their foot through the door in owning a club, leaving clubs in the lurch, therefore it's only fair that knowledge of this forms the basis of whether the Couhigs' bid to take a majority stake in the club is accepted.

• I agree that @eric_plant isn't trying to buy the club, however he does have an influence by virtue of a vote, (making a presumption there btw), nobody has asked for his personal value. I believe, (given the Couhigs' worth/value was the topic of discussion), it isn't good taste to be asking that question on an open forum. Asking Mr Couhig if he has funding to undertake the venture of taking on WWFC is a different question. The two can be separate.
    Just a personal view on taste, not worth falling out over.

• Huge difference between 1/900 voters and a public figure aiming to become the owner.

• Eric Plant won't have to take on losses of £700k a year (and probably now significantly more given additional player wages) until he puts in place a strategy to make the club sustainable that currently is opaque at best, consisting of cajun seasoning on burgers and some enthusiastic tweeting. Until Rob Couhig unveils a plan that the fanbase judges to be effective then we have nothing to rely on other than the hope he has deep pockets. It's perfectly fair to make public inquiries into just how deep they are. If he doesn't like it, well he can always publish his plan and be judged on that.

• Well, @aloysius, his plan will be up for scrutiny before the vote.

• How much he's got is important to know in my opinion though how much he is willing to lose is perhaps more relevant!

• Mr.Couhig and his team have already done a lot more for the club than simply providing enthusiastic tweets and Cajun seasoning on burgers. They have spent a great deal of time, effort and energy examining the club’s finances, suggesting and implementing improvements, engaging with the fans, meeting with the Trust board and legal representatives, flying over from the US to attend games etc.
    Mr.Couhig is a very successful lawyer and businessman and wouldn’t be going into this proposed takeover if he wasn’t convinced that he has a plan to make us sustainable. That plan will soon be revealed.

• flying over from the US to attend games etc. : FFS, that is the least he can do!!!

what is his financial status and how long can he invest for success at our club? (WWFC, not Liverpool Mr Parry)

• I might have had an ounce of respect for the points you have made on this and another thread if you hadn’t made a bizarre and irrelevant reference to Liverpool FC.
    What on earth has that got to do with WWWFC?

• edited September 2019

One could argue that a poster referring to your "other team" should not have any bearing on your respect and consideration for reasonable points he has raised @glasshalffull!

• One could argue that it’s totally irrelevant to the subject under debate, but since you automatically disagree with anything I post I’m not really bothered what you think.

• Your not really bothered, but you still respond to my posts within minutes. Quite sad really.

• I will happily ignore you from here on in so feel free to say what you like, safe in the knowledge that I won’t be responding. Quite satisfying really.

• @glasshalffull A shade heavy on the "Ws", posted at some ungodly hour in the morning. You been keeping @LX1 company?

• Looks a pretty acceptable response to me, to a totally personal, total cheap shot, irrespective of time of posting .

• @Cyclops said:
    @glasshalffull A shade heavy on the "Ws", posted at some ungodly hour in the morning. You been keeping @LX1 company?

Good spot, Cyclops and you obviously have better vision than your legendary Greek namesake! Incidentally, I rarely go to bed before 1.30 am so it’s not an ungodly hour for me. Legacy of all those long car journeys back from midweek football.

• Come on @glasshalffull, we had a blast last night. Nothing to be ashamed of!

• Ok, I come clean in the spirit of my gas room buddies.