Skip to content

Legacy Vote System Flawed ?

Comments

• @NiceCarrots said:
    F.A.O. Wandering Jock

Don't let the South Bucks Stasi put you off.

I've never been so insulted in my life, Buckingham is in North Bucks

• Nice Withnail reference @DevC

• If it wasn't for those darn volunteers running the club like amateurs, we'd be able to say no to the professionals...

• @NiceCarrots said:
    F.A.O. Wandering Jock

Most of the people have already made their mind up to vote yes before reading the details of the deal.

Do you mean most of the people who support WWFC or just most of the people on here?
    Because if you are angry with most of the people who support WWFC...I would say your wasting your ire on the Stasi on here as I'm pretty sure most Gasroomers haven't necessarily made up their mind yet and we may be (whisper it) be only a small number even of the 800 who can vote!

• edited September 2019

@NiceCarrots said:
    F.A.O. Wandering Jock

Don't let the South Bucks Stasi put you off. They did the same with Marlow Chair.

Most of the people have already made their mind up to vote yes before reading the details of the deal.

They wanted to do the same with the last set of Americans and we never saw any details of that deal either in spite of the promises made by the Chairmen.

If any clever techno posters are out their could somebody post a link titled:

John Oliver explains how billions of taxpayers dollars are wasted on professional sports stadiums.

It's worth watching...

The Chairmen were keen to point out at the last meeting that a trust board directors is married to Karen Satterford, ex- CEO of Wycombe District Council, and that Mr. Couhig is already talking to the stadiums company that built Wembley.

It's always about the land...

As you can see with the training ground deal, nobody ever lost money underestimating the stupidity of other people.

Obviously, Mr. Couhig met with owners of the training ground before he met members as they are the people who actually run the supporters-trust owned club.

Trying to work out exactly what "land" it's "about in this case with Mr Couhig potentially taking us over?
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

• Never Surrender! Never Surrender! You cannot say anything on here or people will read it and comment like the fascist communists that they are. Fire! Fire! We need democratic debate but opposing views are those of Traitors!!!!! Don;t let them infect you @wandering_jock .

Looks like a recurrence of your semi-colonic irritation @Wendoverman. I seem to recall that Josh Scowen,s dad had a similar affliction.

• @Malone, IMHO it's called 'sewing the seeds of doubt' to try and yet again, disrupt the process and thus the vote.

• I’ll leave @Malone to pick you up on that one @ValleyWanderer !

• But I agree it does feel unnecessarily disruptive.

• Nothing to say until there's a deal, from both sides

• And, as with previous “interventions”, not a single positive point about the impressive early - by no means just financial - of Rob Couhig and his partners (his wife and messrs Pete Couhig and Mark Palmer).

• Please insert “involvement” after “early”.

• edited September 2019

@BuckinghamBlue said:
    So Rob Couhig almost bought Yeovil as a ruse to buy Wycombe as a ruse to get his hands on the training ground the club doesn't actually own

From what I understand I don't think the conspiracy theory was that the Couhigs were getting their hands on the training ground, but rather that the pitch at AP might potentially be replaced with an artificial one should the opportunity arise for the owners of the training ground freehold.
    Speculating as to what sort of inducement might be given for this by the training ground owners is definitely straying into tin-foil hat territory, though the introduction of third-party interests to WWFC and WWT assets lays the basis for questioning the motives of those potentially seeking a return from investments into WWFC.
    If you're in favour of outside investment, I don't think it's unreasonable to be prepared to address potential conflicts of interest where they arise.

• I would think they would struggle to get Planning permission for housing at the training site as it's green belt. In any case, I would have thought that the present owners would have gone down that route before the Couhig's arrived.

• edited September 2019

@GPB said:
    I would think they would struggle to get Planning permission for housing at the training site as it's green belt. In any case, I would have thought that the present owners would have gone down that route before the Couhig's arrived.

Currently Green belt seems to be the key phrase.
    As what some people believe has happened has been an incredibly opportunistic bit of cynicism, sweeping in anonymously (at first, until outed), for a below market (that's current) figure, knowing it'd be worth tonnes more in future (potentially having some inkling the land use can be changed?)

Seems a bit of a stretch, but some genuinely believe it. Ignoring that for starters we had to sell the land to stay alive.

• If you want to sell any asset, you get a couple of valuations to establish a price range.

If we had got a couple of independent valuations and had published them, we could then make up our own minds whether the training ground was a fair deal for all parties.

Nobody has ever satisfactorily explained why we didn't perform this simple task.

• @NiceCarrots while that is a perfectly good question to be asking, I don't think what happens to the training ground is going to be affected by any deal with the Couhig's. When the time is right the training ground investors may well benefit from that deal, but it's history.

As for your earlier remark about the wife of a WWT board member. I found that very unnecessary, and to suggest some kind of conflict of interest between the two people would be way off the mark. Besides which if you'd checked you would know that the person named is no longer connected to WDC having retired. Sadly this is you at your worst, throwing mud to see if it sticks.

It makes you look like a conspiracy theorist. Post enough times and sometimes you'll get lucky but just as likely to be totally wrong.

• So much positivity around the club; it was only a matter of time until a @NiceCarrots conspiracy theory reared its head. I shall wait until I’ve seen the proposal before I make up my mind how to vote in the meantime I’m happy to enjoy the ride.

• Nicecarrots has been a member for one year now and made just over 100 posts.

None of them have been about football.

• Extraordinary isn’t it.

• @HCblue said:
    Nicecarrots has been a member for one year now and made just over 100 posts.

They've not been about vegetables either!

• Chantenay anyone?

• Some people just have their own agenda!

• And carrots.

• @micra said:
    Chantenay anyone?

I find you can't beat Autumn King.

• @HCblue said:
    Nicecarrots has been a member for one year now and made just over 100 posts.

Throw total mischief in, ignore all questions and comments directed to him, then disappears.
    Bizarre MO.

• No rules on what you have to post about is there?

• If the future of our club was just about football it would be easy. Carrotts knows more than I do so would encourage her/him to keep informing. I will make my own mind up on the information.

• @LX1 said:
    If the future of our club was just about football it would be easy. Carrotts knows more than I do so would encourage her/him to keep informing. I will make my own mind up on the information.

See I'm pretty sure he knows no more than anyone else but is slightly less trustworthy with the information lots of us hear from time to time.
    I hope everyone does make there own mind up based on the correct context given to each piece of information.
    I just know that won't happen. British people don't do votes very well.