Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• @StrongestTeam said:
    PCH scores in shoot out win over Spurs

Good for him. I forget did he get on the pitch at White Hart Lane?

• Not as I recall.

• @Uncle_T Didn't he score an OG at Darlington?

• @NewburyWanderer I've never been to Darlington so didn't witness it myself, but the records indicate that he did.

• Crikey, PCH must be older than I thought.

• Luke O'Nein scores for Sunderland

• The winner for them?

• Matt McClure with a hat-trick today.

• At last.

• @Gary said:
    Matt McClure with a hat-trick today.

Who does he play for now?

• @robin said:

@Gary said:
    Matt McClure with a hat-trick today.

Who does he play for now?

Maidstone I believe?

• @robin said:
    Luke O'Nein scores for Sunderland

I read today that LON played the #10 role on Saturday, and apparently gave a good account of himself. Explains the amount of chances he had, and on another day, he would have scored at least one more goal.

• He's out of contract in 2020. Not out of the question to try and sign him on a pre contract in January.

• Dan Scarr scores for Walsall against Southampton u21's in the tin pot trophy

• @thedieharder said:

He's out of contract in 2020. Not out of the question to try and sign him on a pre contract in January.

We're not so big time that we'll be signing players on pre contracts!

• Seems to have matured since being part of the Dean Morgan crew, and thus eased out by Gaz

• @perfidious_albion I don't think I would describe being sold to a Championship club on a three year contract as being "eased out" and he would have played a lot more matches in the season when he was loaned back to us if he had not had the misfortune to suffer a broken leg.

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson recently commented of Dunne, "He has shown how influential a figure he is for us in the centre of defence and in the dressing room," which I read as referring to a positive, not negative, influence.

• Charles Dunne and his good mate Anthony Stewart have matured and developed a great deal both as players and as personalities over the past few years and it would be a fairytale come true to see them as a central defensive partnership in a couple of years time.

• It'd be interesting to know how big a problem the "Morgan crew" were, or whether it was a bit of a myth.
    Stewart was thrown into that gang, and despite his contract/Crewe shenanigans, we signed him back, so couldn't have been too much trouble.

So who else was in the gang?

• Have just read the Guardian article. Strange (and quite pleasing) that GA and I have both used the fairytale reference.

• I heard it was Morgan, Stewart, Junior and PCH at the centre of the troubles undermining GA...but that could just have been rubbish. DM Spreading discontent that led to the Stewart contract impasse and didn;t PCH leave as well? I suspect once out of AP they both realised that the grass was not necessarily greener, Wycombe powered to play-offs and then GA gave them a route back. Mr Big Bollocks ending up in non-league might have helped! All this is conjecture though. We need someone with inside knowledge of the dressing room...

• @Wendoverman , the Junior situation was the most bizarre. Signs a 1 year deal one day, then bombed out the next.
    The rumours why are best left at that!

• A lot of revisionist history going on here. As previously mentioned Dunne was sold, not 'eased out'. Paris played a key role in the first half of the Wembley season before he too was sold to a Championship club.

No need to spread unfounded rumours smearing the reputation of players who have served the club well.

• @Croider said:
    A lot of revisionist history going on here. As previously mentioned Dunne was sold, not 'eased out'. Paris played a key role in the first half of the Wembley season before he too was sold to a Championship club.

No need to spread unfounded rumours smearing the reputation of players who have served the club well.

Agree, Paris may have been a little "flouncy" at times, but didn't strike me as a negative influence. After all, we bought him back, and you sensed he genuinely enjoyed it here.

• What seems certain, Dunne, Tools, Junior, Angol and us, are all better off without Deano in the same dressing room. Such talent so wasted.

• Morgan was a prize arsehole though.

• @Croider said:
    A lot of revisionist history going on here. As previously mentioned Dunne was sold, not 'eased out'. Paris played a key role in the first half of the Wembley season before he too was sold to a Championship club.

Totally agree with all the above. What evidence is there regarding any of these players?
    I know I might be in a minority here, but I ended up being totally sickened by the continual dog's abuse aimed at Dean Morgan. Surely couldn't have helped improve his general attitude, being subject to all sorts of crap, often from his first touch of the game.

• I loved Dean Morgan. He was by miles our best player when he was here

• I never mentioned Dunne...I think he had a broken leg for a long period in the Torquay season didn't he? Also I don't recall DM getting that much abuse and at that time I was sitting with people who abused almost everyone that season! As for evidence there is none I was just mentioning what was expressed to me when I asked - as Malone did above - what the dressing room problem was. If you don't think that there was a problem that's fine but I don't think any of it is necessarily 'smearing'...