Skip to content

Should people who watch wrestling be put on a security list?

A difficult one

Comments

• I believe in free will. But sometimes you have to atop and think.

STOP

THINK

DANGER

• I disagree Les Kellett versus Adrian street was always a classic good violent family entertainment.

• If so, you'd need to do the same with soap operas, pantomimes, Game of Thrones - in fact, anything fiction on the telly.

• Definitely one to be put to the legacy members to vote on.

• What if you’re flicking through the channels and accidentally watch 10 seconds of Monday Night Raw?

• @Wendoverman said:
    I disagree Les Kellett versus Adrian street was always a classic good violent family entertainment.

What about Steve Logan & Giant Haystacks then? Kept my family entertained at the Wandsworth Palace for a few years.

• Obviously, yes.

• Marc 'Rollerball' Rocco was my favourite, interesting this topic came up.
    As i my son went to see the wrestling at the Wycombe arts centre(Dessie Rd) this week for the first time.
    Not sure of the capacity of that place, but it seemed pretty popular.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Marc 'Rollerball' Rocco was my favourite, interesting this topic came up.
    As i my son went to see the wrestling at the Wycombe arts centre(Dessie Rd) this week for the first time.
    Not sure of the capacity of that place, but it seemed pretty popular.

Is it back on down there again ? I know it wasnt for a while... I took my youngest down there a few years ago, I'll be honest I went fully expecting it to be gash, but we really got into it and it was great fun in the end

• It was on last Saturday, he thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Do they still refer to wrestling enthusiasts as Grapple fans ?

• Mick McManus was my favourite.

• Always liked Alan Kilby, who often partnered Big Daddy in tag matches. Always got a battering from the bad guys until he could tag the big fella and then it was game over.

• Great thread! "Bad Boy" Bobby Barnes was my favourite - preened around the ring like a peacock and camped it up brilliantly. Tag partner of Adrian Street. Those were the days.

• My favourites were Tibor Szakacs, who used to specialize in a kind of karate chop on his opponent, and Masambula. When the latter, who was a "clean" wrestler, was up against some dubious master of the dark arts (like dear old Mick McManus) he used to signal his intent to gain revenge, with his renowned head butt, by circling the ring ostentatiously polishing his forehead with the palm of his hand while giving his enemy the evil eye. I loved all that, on World of Sport on a Saturday afternoon, before I was old enough to go to football. Those were the days, indeed!

• Leon Arras the only wrestler who did a season with the RSC

• Wrestling ring to come on at AP half time show to improve matchday experience?

• Left side of the terrace Vs right side, all in? Winner gets to keep the drum.

• @NorsQuarters said:
    Wrestling ring to come on at AP half time show to improve matchday experience?

No need, just watch the opposition defenders wrestling Bayo during the game.

• Work of sport Saturday afternoon, grannies with knitting in the front row.......happy days.

....jumpers for goalposts.....ahhhhh

• For all those classic grapple fans may I suggest you get hold of a copy of 'The Wrestlng' by Simon Garfield which is a great read. Nearly as good as a decent Nagasaki Nose Throw or Jackie Pallo pulling Mick McManus' ears

• 'The Wrestling' is the title my Dad would choose if he ever wrote a book about wrestling, which would be an excellent companion piece to his previous works 'The Football' and 'The Punk Rock'.

• @Jonny_King said:
    'The Wrestling' is the title my Dad would choose if he ever wrote a book about wrestling, which would be an excellent companion piece to his previous works 'The Football' and 'The Punk Rock'.

And of course the wrestling was on the itv

• Is your dad John King, author of, inter alia, The Football Factory @Jonny_King ?

• I'm pleased to say he isn't. I read a few chapters of that particular literary work and if my own father had been responsible for it I can assure you there would have been a very frosty atmosphere around the table that Christmas.

• I am.presently watching premier league football on a middle eastern telly channel which is being presented by those old football sexists Richard keys and Andy Gray. So there is life after insulting women linos and being lewd to young ladies albeit in more Muslim dominated countries ?