Skip to content

Ainsworth on his way?

13»

Comments

• tbh the compensation we would get wouldn't touch the surface of the 2 million we will owe by January.

• Ahh, good old Richie, inside the clubs' financial knowledge bowl again.

• to be fair, in this instance I think the lad's spot on

• who in there right mind thinks we would get 2 million compensation for a manager who has proved nothing yet in the game. I don't even think Cowley will do anything at Huddersfield and Nathan Jones will get sacked very soon also, this is the reason why people don't take chances when appointing managers and deffo won't pay huge compensation for one.

• edited September 2019

Apart from proving perhaps the most unlikely thing of all in today's game - that money isn't everything - and plenty more besides, nothing.

• @rmjlondon said:
    who in there right mind thinks we would get 2 million compensation for a manager who has proved nothing yet in the game. I don't even think Cowley will do anything at Huddersfield and Nathan Jones will get sacked very soon also, this is the reason why people don't take chances when appointing managers and deffo won't pay huge compensation for one.

The figure chucked around for the Cowleys was 1 million, that sounds pretty huge to me

• Doesn’t say he turned them down, @MindlessDrugHoover. They may not have offered him the job.

• @rmjlondon said:
    who in there right mind thinks we would get 2 million compensation for a manager who has proved nothing yet in the game. I don't even think Cowley will do anything at Huddersfield and Nathan Jones will get sacked very soon also, this is the reason why people don't take chances when appointing managers and deffo won't pay huge compensation for one.

Didn't notice anyone on here saying they thought we would? Only one person has come up with 2 million figure, look in the mirror.

• @rmjlondon said:
    who in there right mind thinks we would get 2 million compensation for a manager who has proved nothing yet in the game.

Says Wycombe fan richie

I don't even think Cowley will do anything at Huddersfield and Nathan Jones will get sacked very soon also, this is the reason why people don't take chances when appointing managers and deffo won't pay huge compensation for one.

Do you see the contraction? People don't take chances and to prove it you mention two clubs that have taken chances. And paid compo in both cases of at least 3k.

• @DevC said:
    Doesn’t say he turned them down, @MindlessDrugHoover. They may not have offered him the job.

Maybe not but don't think it takes too much reading between the lines to assume he was offered something but decided it wasn't what he wanted.

• Maybe yes, maybe no. I suppose we will never know. feels to me like a fairly similar "end to speculation announcement" to the one we put out last night.

In terms of GA, feels like there was some interest on his part in the Lincoln job but that that is now over. Fair enough.

No doubt there will be another one along in due course to worry about. Who knows if we win on Saturday, not impossible that we can start worrying about "Ainsworth to Pompey" next week.

• Maybe more 'curiosity' than 'interest', @DevC ?