Skip to content

Ainsworth on his way?

Comments

• You would have thought Mr Couhig (assuming he rates GA) would be receptive to ensuring GA is remunerated reasonably.

Slight concern that if GA goes introducing that uncertainty and with perhaps disappointing crowds to date, is there a danger that Couhig gets cold feet? if so really not sure what plan B could possibly be (or are we already on plan P anyway).

• At the initial meeting, Rob Couhig said that he could number on one hand the managers in sport who had impressed him more than Gareth.

• @micra, presume you mean on the fingers of one hand, rather than writing a number on his hand?

"765"

• Betting suspended on Michael Flynn. Or is that neither here nor there?

• That £50 charity bet still on offer if anyone thinks Ainsworth is going to Lincoln.

Little bit embarrassing the amount of bed wetting that's going on to be honest. As if he's going to Lincoln

• I keep forgetting that you used to be @th100 @chairboyscentral !

@Malone: correct. Fallible after all !

• @micra I like to keep people on their toes...

• You certainly keep us up to speed. Your writing style is like a professional dancer gliding effortlessly across the floor/page. Keep up the good work. Very informative.

• edited September 2019

@micra said:
    You certainly keep us up to speed. Your writing style is like a professional dancer gliding effortlessly across the floor/page. Keep up the good work. Very informative.

Ha, it's a good thing my writing style isn't like my dancing style or my pieces would be error-strewn messes. Thanks for the kind words! I will try my best...

• Lincoln holding a press conference at 2PM tomorrow, according to their twitter.

• and ??? What else is he gonna say until its agreed

• In pre-season Ritchie you hit a peak of, not positive contributions exactly, but at least worthwhile contributions. Any danger of you getting back there?

• Absolutely nothing > @rmjlondon said:

and ??? What else is he gonna say until its agreed

• It's been pointed out to me that Danny Cowley said similar before taking the Huddersfield job - although it's not really that similar. https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-cowley-committed-lincoln-city-3282003

• To me that small statement shows the class all round that we've come to identify with Gaz, staff and the media guys over the last few years. We've had a loss, he's been linked away but the job goes on in a positive manner.
    He's not saying he doesn't ever want to go, and why should he when he sees people like the Cowley's getting a huge club that were Premier League last year, he's not addressing links that may be ongoing or may never have been realistic.
    He's also expressing his opinion that he'd like to welcome investment and expertise without getting into specifics or telling fans what to do. Regardless of what goes on he's dragged us from 92nd to 43rd and set the agenda all along the way.

• @rmjlondon said:
    and ??? What else is he gonna say until its agreed

Do you ever take a day off from being an @r$e?

• That’s over so back to the important stuff ie football he will move on all managers do but he will tell us he’s about to go, that’s his style

• Those who make their decision based purely on the manager might be interested to note that...

in 2004, Tony Adams lasted just 103 days as manager after the change in ownership.
    in 2009, Peter Taylor lasted just 95 days as manager after the change in ownership.
    in 2012, Gary Waddock lasted just 84 days as manager after the change in ownership.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    To me that small statement shows the class all round that we've come to identify with Gaz, staff and the media guys over the last few years. We've had a loss, he's been linked away but the job goes on in a positive manner.
    He's not saying he doesn't ever want to go, and why should he when he sees people like the Cowley's getting a huge club that were Premier League last year, he's not addressing links that may be ongoing or may never have been realistic.
    He's also expressing his opinion that he'd like to welcome investment and expertise without getting into specifics or telling fans what to do. Regardless of what goes on he's dragged us from 92nd to 43rd and set the agenda all along the way.

Do you really believe he's not telling fans how to vote in that article?

• @glasshalfempty said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    To me that small statement shows the class all round that we've come to identify with Gaz, staff and the media guys over the last few years. We've had a loss, he's been linked away but the job goes on in a positive manner.

Do you really believe he's not telling fans how to vote in that article?

He's made it clear what his preference would be whilst staying clear of the doom mongering and ultimatums that are regularly seen on here. It might just be pr but its good pr.

• I think it's abundantly clear if you read between the lines that he has absolutely no intention of sticking around if the takeover isn't supported by Legacy members. He is perfectly entitled to do so of course; it's his prerogative but I am not sure it's good PR.

• You couldn't really blame him for his positivity being punctured if after being allowed to put this squad together we suddenly had to strip it back.

• Whatever his reasons, Ainsworth has clearly earned the right to depart on his own terms with our best wishes

(but it's not going to be to Lincoln, you lunatics)

• Playing devil's advocate somewhat, if GA did want to go if the takeover wasn't approved, the compensation money would go someway to repaying the Couhigs

• @Tom said:
    Playing devil's advocate somewhat, if GA did want to go if the takeover wasn't approved, the compensation money would go someway to repaying the

What if GA just resigned, and took another job later on? No compensation due with that scenario.

• And then Brutus just waltzed out of the park

• @glasshalfempty said:
    I think it's abundantly clear if you read between the lines that he has absolutely no intention of sticking around if the takeover isn't supported by Legacy members. He is perfectly entitled to do so of course; it's his prerogative but I am not sure it's good PR.

If it was abundantly clear you wouldn't need to read between the lines. He'll go when he wants regardless of the backing , albeit to a lesser club if we don't get it as the step up would be there, he's an adult, he's allowed an opinion and has approached it in a positive way. If he issued a big appeal or ultimatum and then it didn't work out for some reason he'd look a bit silly.

• @Stewie63 said:

@Tom said:
    Playing devil's advocate somewhat, if GA did want to go if the takeover wasn't approved, the compensation money would go someway to repaying the

What if GA just resigned, and took another job later on? No compensation due with that scenario.

How later is later on?

I think the club and FA might smell a rat if a week later he shows up at another club.