Skip to content

Who do we believe had the worst game yesterday?

2»

Comments

• Some WFAV.

• @HCblue said:

@georgesims said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Joining the Gasroom,which for all its disagreements, is a community, and starting threads about "worst performance" when we've just been the highest in our entire history smacks of the sort of shit you get on Facebook. Reel it in a bit, eh

Exactly, it’s threads to discuss whatever u want - if people aren’t for it then why bother replying to it? Something I’ll never understand

Then perhaps try to understand the slightly but simultaneously significantly different perspective that it's not your thread to discuss whatever you want but everyone's. Thus, there is merit to expressing the title of a thread in a way that encourages constructive discussion among everyone. No-one, I fancy, would mind a thread to discuss the team or individual performance yesterday but most (including me, so I may be off) would not care to see a thread here that seemed designed to find scapegoats for defeat - a subject that tends not to be of collective interest here to the same degree that it might be in one's own mind privately or in an alternative forum such as the car home or, perhaps, Twitter/Facebook.

Appreciate the advice but free will n all... if I want to discuss something on here I’m not going to hold back because some fans might not like it

• edited September 2019

@georgesims said:

@HCblue said:

@georgesims said:

Joining the Gasroom,which for all its disagreements, is a community, and starting threads about "worst performance" when we've just been the highest in our entire history smacks of the sort of shit you get on Facebook. Reel it in a bit, eh

Exactly, it’s threads to discuss whatever u want - if people aren’t for it then why bother replying to it? Something I’ll never understand

Then perhaps try to understand the slightly but simultaneously significantly different perspective that it's not your thread to discuss whatever you want but everyone's. Thus, there is merit to expressing the title of a thread in a way that encourages constructive discussion among everyone. No-one, I fancy, would mind a thread to discuss the team or individual performance yesterday but most (including me, so I may be off) would not care to see a thread here that seemed designed to find scapegoats for defeat - a subject that tends not to be of collective interest here to the same degree that it might be in one's own mind privately or in an alternative forum such as the car home or, perhaps, Twitter/Facebook.

Appreciate the advice but free will n all... if I want to discuss something on here I’m not going to hold back because some fans might not like it

Except that you haven't discussed the topic of how the players played at all yet. Why not go ahead and do so? I, for one, would be more interested in that than the expression of the freedom God gave us when he decided, in His infinite wisdom, to give us a life where we could get exercised about people kicking a sphere around a bit of grass.

• @HCblue said:

@georgesims said:

@HCblue said:

@georgesims said:

Except that you haven't discussed the topic of how the players played at all yet. Why not go ahead and do so? I, for one, would be more interested in that than the expression of the freedom God gave us when he decided, in His infinite wisdom, to give us a life where we could get exercised about people kicking a sphere around a bit of grass.

??

• Looks like you’ve hit the spot there @HCblue.

• The gasroom is generally a little bit more measured in reactions to games etc than the FB page.
    Maybe because we tend to be a fine collection of suave gents, or maybe because it takes a bit more effort to sign in and find the relevant thread than just writing "WE'RE RUBBISH, GAZ OUT" if we go without scoring for 10mins at the top of the fb page?

• More measured, more thoughtful, a wider perspective and a lot more depth @Malone.

• Think that sums me up.

• I'm wider, at least.

• And a lot taller!

• How tall are you by the way @micra?

• When I was your age I was 5’11.9”. That eighth of an inch was the bane of my life.
    I’m barely 5’9” now!

• On Wikipedia @micra is 4'10"

• They’re absolutely useless (and to think that I support them - very modestly).

• @micra said:
    When I was your age I was 5’11.9”. That eighth of an inch was the bane of my life.
    I’m barely 5’9” now!

So applying your usual mark up you're actually 6ft1

• The team has bad games from time to time, and in my opinion the manager had a bad game yesterday, probably his first for a long time, let’s not get hung up about it, we got a point,are still third, which 6 weeks ago we wouldn’t have thought possible. .