Skip to content

WYC VS GILL

As tomorrow gets closer I get more excited, anyone going?

Who do we all want to see play tomorrow?

Comments

• I'm going. Freeman; although, so long as we win, not too bovvered.

• Share the expression of preference for result over personnel (or performance, come to that). But would like to see Ofoborh and Aarons after being very excited by both last week.

Unusually, not yet sure whether can attend tomorrow Have a companion son who needs to do some school work!

• Take the train/bus/taxi and he can do his homework en route while you sip a beer and peruse the Gasroom :smiley:

• @HCblue said:

Unusually, not yet sure whether can attend tomorrow Have a companion son who needs to do some school work!

Please, Sir, let him go and be firm about making up for it tomorrow!

Whoops! Didn’t see @Onlooker’s post but I think mine may have a greater element of realism!

• And it’s all getting a bit last minute. Need to allow a good couple of hours I imagine.
    Good luck and have a good day.

• Sadly, I am at a wedding today. What makes it worse is that the couple often attend Wycombe Wanderers matches and the ceremony is 3 o'clock!!! Might be able to sneak in the second half commentary, if I can find a quite corner with a bluetooth ear piece?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EwanHoosaami said:
    Sadly, I am at a wedding today. What makes it worse is that the couple often attend Wycombe Wanderers matches and the ceremony is 3 o'clock!!! Might be able to sneak in the second half commentary, if I can find a quite corner with a bluetooth ear piece?

Take some earphones to listen to the commentary and hope Wycombe don't score just as the vicar asks if anyone present knows of any reason why the couple shouldn't be wed.

• Brilliant @MindlessDrugHoover. Vivid picture (with sound) readily springs to mind.

• edited September 2019

Made it, @micra. Might have both been better doing some learning.

• At least the sun shone on you @HCblue but events today - the midfield seemingly not really gelling; injuries to Samuel and possibly Kashket; a suggestion on commentary at one point that four (?) matches on the trot might be catching up with Darius Charles; reference to Paul Smyth’s injury possibly being long-term (I really hope not caused by those extravagant backward somersaults); Rolando Aaron’s absence apparently having been the result of a knock incurred during an exceptionally brief cameo appearance against Lincoln; and realisation of how important Matt Bloomfield remains (and obviously the unexpected result) - all served to dampen the spirits.

On a more positive note it was good to see Curtis Thompson among the substitutes and to hear that Fred took part in the pre-match warm-up. I hope those two and Matt B will be involved on Tuesday evening.

• Paul Smyth sat among us in the crowd today.

• Ainsworth smashed him in training and he has a broken foot

• We’re talking months if that’s the case. What a bummer.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Ainsworth smashed him in training and he has a broken foot

Who gets paid more?