Skip to content

Dubious article with supposed interview with GA

13»

Comments

• edited September 2019

Lincoln fans who genuinely believe Ainsworth would go there now, must either be super deluded, or totally unaware of how long he's been here, and how our fortunes are hopefully changing.

While we all know funding is essential for progression and keeping Gaz here, it is ever so slightly alarming that there are a lot of people just screaming "yes" for the vote without any sort of details to the bid, and seem to just be basing it on a "lots of good players and 1st in the league" only position.

• With the greatest of respect to GA, even with him being as great as he is, him staying or going is so far down the list of important things for whether I vote yes or no it's almost irrelevant.

• Above or below availability of crisps?

• @Username said:
    With the greatest of respect to GA, even with him being as great as he is, him staying or going is so far down the list of important things for whether I vote yes or no it's almost irrelevant.

I’d be very surprised if keeping GA isn’t near (if not at) the top of the Couhig list.
    His retention is crucial.

• Kevin Nolan is free at the moment...

• I demand the board release the details of their no deal crisp planning

• @micra said:

@Username said:
    With the greatest of respect to GA, even with him being as great as he is, him staying or going is so far down the list of important things for whether I vote yes or no it's almost irrelevant.

I’d be very surprised if keeping GA isn’t near (if not at) the top of the Couhig list.
    His retention is crucial.

It's so short term and out of our hands compared to the ownership of the club itself.

Obviously I'd be absolutely gutted if he went, but the harsh truth is that at some point he's going to go, and if it's not in the next season or two it's because we're not going anywhere... If we carry on our current form he will be poached by a much bigger club than us or Lincoln.

• What I had in mind was that, assuming the Couhigs achieve the 75% vote, their efforts to put the club on a sound financial footing would be seriously compromised if GA were to leave at any time during the next couple of years. I know of course that he is on a five year contract and that we could receive very substantial compensation if a Championship club came in for him and that there are possibly one or two candidates out there who could do a very good job.

• @micra said:
    What I had in mind was that, assuming the Couhigs achieve the 75% vote, their efforts to put the club on a sound financial footing would be seriously compromised if GA were to leave at any time during the next couple of years. I know of course that he is on a five year contract and that we could receive very substantial compensation if a Championship club came in for him and that there are possibly one or two candidates out there who could do a very good job.

I had to check when he signed that 5 year deal, and looks like Jan 2015

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/11744268.gareth-ainsworth-looking-forward-to-five-year-plan-at-wycombe-wanderers/

Meaning he'd be out of contract at the end of this season?! Is that right? I don't recall a renewal/extension?

• Excellent, ta @Chris

• Interesting @Chris - I thought he signed the extension much more recently. Still, three and a half unexpired is good.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Kevin Nolan is free at the moment...

That would read better with speech marks around it.

• @Wendoverman may have said it on this occasion @HCblue but I’m sure Kev himself will also have done so to anyone prepared to listen.

• Again, this works better with speech marks.

• Quite so.

• @micra said:
    @Wendoverman may have said it on this occasion @HCblue but I’m sure Kev himself will also have done so to anyone prepared to listen.

I said it but we all know he was thinking it. Sol has already applied.