Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

123457»

Comments

• @Guppys_Left_Leg said:

@davecz said:
    Ainsworth is the favourite for the Lincoln job on some bookmakers sites. Not sure it’s progress for him. Let’s hope not.

I'm sure Mr Carrots has the answer - now where has he been?

In fairness he showed back up to sprinkle a bit more mischief. It was the other one who rucked off out of dodge after the certainty gaz was off.

• “Honey you remember I promised you the bright lights of the big city when I finally landed my dream job, well sweetheart that ships come in, pack your bags next stop...Lincoln”

• @HCblue It did cross my mind that this might be the social media equivalent of the commentator’s curse...

• I never thought the rev would leave a championship bound Luton for stoke so who knows?

• Funny how those fans that say I couldnt watch that ever week after we have beaten them always want him when they need a new manager!

• Having seen the Goal Cam...it is alarming how long the two players were down. To be honest I had not noticed the coming together from the far end of the Beechdean so felt a bit for the ref if he had been unsighted, but as defenders and Rocky had stopped and were signalling and (as the Quest highlights showed) the medics were already running up the line as the ball stayed in play it is quite appalling

• Agreed, Lincoln's goal on Goal Cam is hard to watch. Awful the way Matty goes down

• The linesman on the Frank Adam's game was appalling all game. How he could not bring it to the referees attention that two players were down with head injuries beggars belief.

• Wondered that, but then it's always the ref who decides on a head stoppage isn't it?
    It wasn't a foul as such, that the lino might flag for?

• @Guppys_Left_Leg said:

@davecz said:
    Ainsworth is the favourite for the Lincoln job on some bookmakers sites. Not sure it’s progress for him. Let’s hope not.

I'm sure Mr Carrots has the answer - now where has he been?

Boring zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Just waded through the Lincoln forum match thread. Intriguing that it all starts off with Gareth out-thought them, great pressing and fantastic set-piece delivery from a team that could be in the running for promotion but ends up with they were ordinary, our players were tired after too many games, Wycombe are poor and only so high because they haven't played any quality yet. I thought THEY were supposed to be the quality??? For the first time in a long time, you could actually see GA's tactics in action right before your eyes...let them pass it around, but stop any forward motion and catch them on the break with pace. I'm not suggesting we are a promotion team at all...but perhaps we now have the players to put the management homework into action???

• Looks as if Chris Sarginson has been punished for his error last weekend. He appears not to have a League game this weekend and he's got to go to Salford on the 17th.

Unfortunately, our game against Accrington will be 'controlled' by Brett Huxtable...

• @Ned_Ludd Would he necessarily have had one this Saturday anyway? Are there not more refs than fixtures? For him to be back in the middle as soon as Tuesday is crazy, though.

• @th100 said:
    @Ned_Ludd Would he necessarily have had one this Saturday anyway? Are there not more refs than fixtures? For him to be back in the middle as soon as Tuesday is crazy, though.

It's possible of course. I would have assumed that, as a relatively experienced ref, he'd have been a 'regular'.

• Post match "chat" with Cowley was generally an agreeable fare, however, he did say that although their goal should not have stood, our 2nd should have been disallowed for a foul. I replayed the highlights many times looking for this foul, but couldn't see one. Thought that maybe the cameras were a touch behind the ball flight so assumed it must have already occurred?
    Now having seen the goal-cam angle, I still do not see this "foul"? I do see Samuel being shoved from behind. Anyone point out what I am missing?

• I see five players, two of ours and three Lincoln, go to ground at the near post in two separate heaps, which is how the ball got through, obviously. Unlikely there was not some kind of illegitimate actions by some players. The video shows me nothing that allows the finger to be pointed at anyone but I'd be really surprised if we'd not practised the "engineering" of space in similar scenarios in training...

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Post match "chat" with Cowley was generally an agreeable fare, however, he did say that although their goal should not have stood, our 2nd should have been disallowed for a foul.

So it should have been 2-0 then? I'll take that.

• @HCblue said:
    I see five players, two of ours and three Lincoln, go to ground at the near post in two separate heaps, which is how the ball got through, obviously. Unlikely there was not some kind of illegitimate actions by some players. The video shows me nothing that allows the finger to be pointed at anyone but I'd be really surprised if we'd not practised the "engineering" of space in similar scenarios in training...

Agreed think it was Samual and Wheeler who went down with three imps. Check Nick Freeman’s reaction as he jogs to congratulate JJ looking to the ref.

• edited September 2019

There are not many goals scored in any league, where one or two players do not look to the ref, some with guilt and some just for confirmation. I have now looked at it on a big screen, (rather than my phone), I see Darius getting pushed by the goalkeeper & held by a defender. Samuel & Wheeler being marshalled so tightly by 3 defenders that there is hardly any space for them to put their feet on the ground, so not surprised that they ended up on the ground. It was impossible for them to move anywhere, like a packed London Underground train in the rush hour, so any attempt at movement would have resulted in the outcome.
    My VAR summary, "goal stands"!

• Nice one @EwanHoosaami. I would love to watch our next evening away game on the TV (and it’s probably not difficult to connect the PC to it, or the iPhone for that matter). Negotiations with mrs micra might be a challenge but I’m a better negotiator than [enter name of any Tory Minister] and an evening of Long Lost Families, Who Do You Think You Are and Death of Diana would probably be an offer she couldn’t refuse.

• @micra said:
    Nice one @EwanHoosaami. I would love to watch our next evening away game on the TV (and it’s probably not difficult to connect the PC to it, or the iPhone for that matter). Negotiations with mrs micra might be a challenge but I’m a better negotiator than [enter name of any Tory Minister] and an evening of Long Lost Families, Who Do You Think You Are and Death of Diana would probably be an offer she couldn’t refuse.

Don't worry, as a fellow luddite, I wouldn't have a clue how to play the laptop through the tv!
    But it's enough of a bonus to be able to watch it live.

Presumably Blackpool have and utilise Ifollow? Will be a blow if they don't, as that's just a little awkward to get to, at all, let alone midweek!