Skip to content

In depth tactical analysis

Usually reserved for the PL but as the biggest game in England on the day it is great that we are highlighted. In Gaz we trust. COYB!!!!

https://footballbh.net/2019/09/09/efl-league-one-201920-wycombe-wanderers-vs-lincoln-city-tactical-analysis-tactics/

Comments

• How odd that in the first graphic they have WWFC in red and Lincoln in blue!

• Not overly surprised that the footy pages were basically six or seven page analysis of the walk in the park England win against Bulgaria with a bit of the Ladies PL and Danny Drinkwater fighting outside a nightclub thrown in. Not really Total Football then. Glad Quest chose us and what a great game it was.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @fame_46 said:
    This very much syncs with what Gaz was suggesting on Quest at the weekend after the game. Him and Dobbo spend a lot of time planning tactics for each opponent.

I’d love to go back over the last couple of years and call out those on social media who suggest Gaz in tactically inept. This finally proves otherwise and it is independently produced.

Also @NorsQuarters, thanks for posting. Always interesting to see deep tactical analysis like this.

I think you'll find Gaz for his 3k a week just sits around all day singing into the mirror or looking at the Gasroom...then turns up on match day drops whoever is popular on here to the bench just for giggles and in order to pick his mates, then falls out with someone. Team selection over he just tells them hoof it up to the big man or hoof it up to the little Welsh fella and if anyone in the dressing room dares to put up their hand he shouts; 'There is NO F***ING PLAN B!!!!!'
    He won't keep us up you know.

• I do enjoy your sense of humour Wendoverman, much funnier than Frankie Boyle!

• @glasshalffull said:
    I do enjoy your sense of humour Wendoverman, much funnier than Frankie Boyle!

Strangely enough I am reading the latest book by the award-winning but somewhat of an acquired taste comedian Stewart Lee (can I suggest you catch his show at the Wycombe Swan next year @glasshalffull ) part of which is a collection of his articles for the Observer for which he includes the below the line social media comments (mostly hostile) that he got for each piece. As well as missing the point of the writing a lot of them seem to be demanding his replacement as columnist by Frankie Boyle because 'at he's least funny.'

• Never mind beauty, humour and football are clearly in the eye of the beholder.

• I can’t quite see @glasshalffull being a Stewart Lee fan, but you never know.

• edited September 2019

@Chris said:
    I can’t quite see @glasshalffull being a Stewart Lee fan, but you never know.

Mrs W came with me to the Swan having been unimpressed by the little she had seen of his television output and thought he was very good. Perhaps @glasshalffull might be similarly surprised and delighted. Though I fear Mr Lee knows or cares little about football club ownership.

• Good article but think they've done a disservice to Wheeler's aerial prowess and how good an option it was for us - particularly first half from the Jacobson diagonal.

• Loved Fist of fun I preferred Lee and Herring to them individually

• Richard Herring’s Leicester Square Theatre Podcast is a great listen.

Not quite Ringing the Blues quality mind.

• @BuckinghamBlue said:
    Loved Fist of fun I preferred Lee and Herring to them individually

I saw them record their live DVD in the 90s. Simon Quinlag, Rod Hull and jelly...it was all there.

• @Wendoverman said:

@BuckinghamBlue said:
    Loved Fist of fun I preferred Lee and Herring to them individually

I saw them record their live DVD in the 90s. Simon Quinlag, Rod Hull and jelly...it was all there.

Simon Quinlag Duke of Hobbies what you will need... ?