Kashket?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2019

@georgesims said:

@Wendoverman said:

@georgesims said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    I think he is suggesting he is selfish in terms of not passing when in possession, rather than his overall contribution?

This is exactly what I was talking about, some people will read half of what I say then jump to conclusions, I’m now getting called a troll, what about when everyone slates blooms? Don’t suppose they are trolls?

Usually people disagree and there is a toing and froing of comment and opinion but a few when someone disagrees with them say 'You cannot say anything on here...' just after saying EXACTLY what they wanted to say. Then richie insults a player (past or present) and calls everyone idiots. Stick around and you'll get the gist.

Yeah it’s another world, everyone is allowed an opinion, personally don’t feel like what I said about Samuel was even remotely bad enough to be called a troll but it is what it is. I like Samuel as a player I just feel at times he can be selfish when not passing

When the only one calling you a "troll" is a guy who constantly disrupts countless threads with abuse and totally made up nonsense, I wouldn't worry too much!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    The one thing I am very interested to see is, who on earth gets picked when... Fred, Smyth, Aaron's, Wheeler, Samuel, Kashket and Bayo (have I missed someone ?) are ALL available ... good luck with that Gareth !

This is what worries me. Manager has a history of not playing Scott even when not injured which is why I think he will choose other players over him like he did last season. I spoke to a close source of Scott last season who said Scott hasn’t been injured for a long time and that Gareth just won’t play him

• I think this season our rotation policy will be there for all to see. This will also make it more difficult for opposing managers to guess our strategy and mean that we have fresh legs even after a midweek game.

Scotty missed one sitter Saturday but if he puts his chances in the back of the net he will get picked I'm sure. In Gaz we trust.

• Parker
  • @georgesims said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    The one thing I am very interested to see is, who on earth gets picked when... Fred, Smyth, Aaron's, Wheeler, Samuel, Kashket and Bayo (have I missed someone ?) are ALL available ... good luck with that Gareth !

This is what worries me. Manager has a history of not playing Scott even when not injured which is why I think he will choose other players over him like he did last season. I spoke to a close source of Scott last season who said Scott hasn’t been injured for a long time and that Gareth just won’t play him

How does that close source feel currently, when he is playing?

He's got it all to do though, to try and keep Fred/Aarons/Wheeler/Smyth out.
    He'll have to do well when he does play! Which is perfect for us!

• @NorsQuarters said:
    I think this season our rotation policy will be there for all to see. This will also make it more difficult for opposing managers to guess our strategy and mean that we have fresh legs even after a midweek game.

Scotty missed one sitter Saturday but if he puts his chances in the back of the net he will get picked I'm sure. In Gaz we trust.

8 players into normally 3, occasionally 4 will be tough.
    Even if on average of the 8 are currently injured, and even with midweekers.

However, I don't think anyone would swap this for the days where we perhaps had Thompson/Hayes starting every game, with a half fit/learning to get to pro fitness Holloway occasionally filling in.

• @HolmerBlue said:

Probably quite unlikely this will ever be the case though. Between injuries, tiredness, international call ups and maybe even games against parent clubs, someone will always be unavailable.

• Talking of trolls, the anti Jacobson lunatics have shut right up of late.

As I said before, imagine thinking you were ready to share your opinion on football and then using the opportunity to call for us to get rid of JJ.

• edited September 2019

@georgesims does this close source of yours think Kashket is better suited in the middle of the three or out as a wide forward? Personally I'd prefer to see Scott used as a central striker, alternating in that role with Samuel depending on the opposition, with both making way for Bayo if things need refreshing in the second half.

• While having no doubt about his deadball abilities and when he's going forward my worry about JJ recently (or at least the end of last season) was always defensively but he's been a rock so far this season and even if he still wasn't...if he keeps scoring from corners I will be happy.

• @HolmerBlue said:

Isn't it great that at one time it was 'Yeah, he's great but what are we going to do if he gets injured...?' and now we have five or six exciting forward players to rotate.

• @Wendoverman said:
    For me his hold up play is second only to the Beast. He shields the ball very well for a small(ish) chap and brought people into play all over the shop against Lincoln. I think he's an asset to be sure.

I think I posted when we signed Alex that I’m a friend of the guy who coached him at Swansea and he told me:
    ‘You won’t find a harder working player. Great with his back to goal, brilliant at bringing others into play but he won’t score you many goals.’
    I reckon that’s a perfect description and if he could add consistent goal scoring to those great qualities, he’d be playing at a higher level. He’s a great asset.

• @georgesims said:
    What do we think is going to happen to kashket now with all these new wingers? For me, Scotty is a goal scorer and is unbelievably talented when on then pitch, just hope this isn’t the end for him at Adams park

Sorry, but going back to the original post this is a slightly strange one. Why on earth should a glut of wingers mean the end of Kashket? He’s happy enough to have signed a new contract after allegedly not getting picked last season when fit and is clearly our most natural goal scorer. GA seems to have enough confidence in his squad this year to change tactics around to suit the opposition so it’s likely that for the opponents GA thinks Scott’s specific talents are best suited means that he will play in those games.

• And after all, Gareth does not know his best 11 :wink:

• @bookertease said:

@georgesims said:
    What do we think is going to happen to kashket now with all these new wingers? For me, Scotty is a goal scorer and is unbelievably talented when on then pitch, just hope this isn’t the end for him at Adams park

Sorry, but going back to the original post this is a slightly strange one. Why on earth should a glut of wingers mean the end of Kashket? He’s happy enough to have signed a new contract after allegedly not getting picked last season when fit and is clearly our most natural goal scorer. GA seems to have enough confidence in his squad this year to change tactics around to suit the opposition so it’s likely that for the opponents GA thinks Scott’s specific talents are best suited means that he will play in those games.

I think the chap was alluding to the norm being us using three forwards and i can't really see kashket being the middle forward very often.
    So in effect he's competing with a red hot four wingers for a berth.