Skip to content

Will the Couhig's get the 75 percent they need ???

124»

Comments

• The membership voted for a PLC in 2003, the Trust acquired the PLC in 2013 and immediately protected the Ground by creating Frank Adams Legacy. Despite the Trust's failure to stick to the rules of the trust by putting a charge on the Ground to get an advance from the first American proposed purchasers. We have been given current advice that with the sale of 75% of the Shares(I assume the voting shares) all outstanding charges relating to both The Trust and Frank Adams Legacy will be cleared. This should enable the Trust to retain the Ground and allow Rob Couhig to operate the Football Club in the manner of his choosing. If he is successful the Fans of WWFC will retain the pleasure of supporting the best club in the League. If he is unsuccessful we will be no worse off than our present situation, and if the club goes the way of Bury. we would at least still have a football ground where Wycombe could reform and produce a fresh team, or we might be able to follow a successful Women's football side !.

I cannot see any reason not to support the sale, providing we receive full details of the financial arrangements. We cannot have another failure of financial transactions as happened during the previous offer of a sale. I hope that the full Trust Board will be aware of all of the financial issues before the proposal is presented to the Legacy members.

• @wformation If he is unsuccessful we will be no worse off than our present situation, and if the club goes the way of Bury. we would at least still have a football ground where Wycombe could reform and produce a fresh team, or we might be able to follow a successful Women's football side !.

If the club went the way of Bury, how would the FALL pay the day to day operating costs of the ground?

• The day to day operation costs of a ground without a football team would be small , but the facilities of the buildings can still produce funds to maintain the building.

• @DevC said:
    This may be a squad that shouldn’t get relegated but if the Couhig bid is rejected it is a squad that almost certainly will not get paid.

Once again, it is unlikely to be loan repayments that kill the club. Far more likely would be clubs inability to pay wages, utilities, beer suppliers, HMRC , coach company etc

Have I missed vital financial info? Certainly @DevC has all the facts and figures to hand and is in a position to let us know the likely outcome of a 'no deal'.

• These responses are far too long and considered for Richie's one sentence posts. Have a bit of good old wycombe optimism... It really is as simple as brexit. Are yew in or ahhhhht!!!!! - as the public would have it.

• if the bid is rejected all the money is due to be paid back within 6 months, Steve Hayes accepted a long payment plan which was credit to him but I don't think that will happen in this case as we are being forced down the path of vote yes but I also agree its the only way forward.

• @wformation said:
    The day to day operation costs of a ground without a football team would be small , but the facilities of the buildings can still produce funds to maintain the building.

How much do the facilities bring in to FALL and how much do WWFC contribute? And I appreciate day to day costs are small but how does FALL plan financially for possible big expenses such as roof repairs, repainting and so on.

• I hope, in order to stave off the prophets of doom who are yet to resurface, that there will be as much disclosure of the proposals as possible, as soon as possible. I say this on the assumption that there will not be too much to object to, based on the current understanding of what's on offer, and with the view that much of the doomsaying about the previous bid came about because of the relative information vacuum that existed about that bid.