Skip to content

Kashket?

What do we think is going to happen to kashket now with all these new wingers? For me, Scotty is a goal scorer and is unbelievably talented when on then pitch, just hope this isn’t the end for him at Adams park

Comments

• @georgesims said:
    What do we think is going to happen to kashket now with all these new wingers? For me, Scotty is a goal scorer and is unbelievably talented when on then pitch, just hope this isn’t the end for him at Adams park

He's started several games recently, including Saturday and there is lots of rotation, don't write him off just yet.

• Don't forget he just signed a three year contract extension as well.

• Could mean big bucks ?

• He got in the team and scored 2 recently, to remind everyone that he's still the best finisher at the club by a long way.

However, he'll have to play very well when he gets the chance to stay in - however, that's exactly how it should be!

It wasn't that long ago, that with all due respect we were totally limited to the Thompson/Hayes combo. Now we're utterly smothered with options.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There was a spell v Lincoln where we had Samuel and Kashket as a front 2. He ideally needs Bayo to feed off, but I think we're all just happy to see him on the pitch when possible.

• @Malone said:
    There was a spell v Lincoln where we had Samuel and Kashket as a front 2. He ideally needs Bayo to feed off, but I think we're all just happy to see him on the pitch when possible.

I agree with this but to an extent, bayo and kashket work great together because they always find eachother, Samuel is a selfish player and never looks up he just runs which makes it difficult it a lot more difficult for kashket. Samuel needs to be a sub, not good enough for me

• What a v strange initial post. Scotty having his best spell since that initial pre injury burst on the scene a couple of seasons back. A key part of the team which has become a rotating squad based on plans A,B or even C!

• Samuel seems the opposite of a selfish player to me.

• The one thing I'd not call Samuel is selfish, the amount of work he puts in for the team is pretty much second to none

• @perfidious_albion said:
    What a v strange initial post. Scotty having his best spell since that initial pre injury burst on the scene a couple of seasons back. A key part of the team which has become a rotating squad based on plans A,B or even C!

Yes he’s having a good spell but he’s constantly getting taken off when he does play by the manager which worries me, even when he’s playing well he’s taken off

• I think he is suggesting he is selfish in terms of not passing when in possession, rather than his overall contribution?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    The one thing I'd not call Samuel is selfish, the amount of work he puts in for the team is pretty much second to none

Everyone has an opinion, he never passes to anyone he only ever shoots for himself. Even when he knows he’s never going to be able to get it

• I smell a troll.

• @georgesims said:
    Everyone has an opinion

And some of the are wrong

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He puts in a shift and comes off for Bayo. I like them tactics.

• Samuel is arguably the least selfish player we've ever had in the football league.

His workrate is incredible, and a lot of it is totally thankless.

If he was selfish, he'd learn not to chase so many lost causes, and take up more positions where he can be the goalscorer, which may boost his stats, but would be less effective for the team.

• @rmjlondon said:
    trolls !!

A troll to who?

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I think he is suggesting he is selfish in terms of not passing when in possession, rather than his overall contribution?

This is exactly what I was talking about, some people will read half of what I say then jump to conclusions, I’m now getting called a troll, what about when everyone slates blooms? Don’t suppose they are trolls?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    I smell a troll.

Sorry but who am I trolling? If ur regarding this to kashket then you’ve completely missed my point of this thread, I’m saying how I’m worried he will be boxed out of the team and that I think he’s a our best player by far so please elaborate when you say you smell a troll?

• Still don't see it with Samuel, as the massive majority of his time in possession of the ball is with his back to goal being wrestled down by some uber goon.

He's generally not trying just to hoard it, he's usually looking to win the team a free kick, or knock the ball off to someone.

• @Malone said:
    Still don't see it with Samuel, as the massive majority of his time in possession of the ball is with his back to goal being wrestled down by some uber goon.

He's generally not trying just to hoard it, he's usually looking to win the team a free kick, or knock the ball off to someone.

Fair enough, I must see it in a different way. You’re allowed to have ur opinion and I’m allowed mine

• @georgesims said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    I think he is suggesting he is selfish in terms of not passing when in possession, rather than his overall contribution?

This is exactly what I was talking about, some people will read half of what I say then jump to conclusions, I’m now getting called a troll, what about when everyone slates blooms? Don’t suppose they are trolls?

Usually people disagree and there is a toing and froing of comment and opinion but a few when someone disagrees with them say 'You cannot say anything on here...' just after saying EXACTLY what they wanted to say. Then richie insults a player (past or present) and calls everyone idiots. Stick around and you'll get the gist.

• @georgesims said:

@Malone said:
    Still don't see it with Samuel, as the massive majority of his time in possession of the ball is with his back to goal being wrestled down by some uber goon.

Fair enough, I must see it in a different way. You’re allowed to have ur opinion and I’m allowed mine

Very much so.

I can't pretend he'll ever be a player I'm "excited" to watch, in say a Kashket, Arrans, Fred type way, but he's doing a key job for the team.

• For me his hold up play is second only to the Beast. He shields the ball very well for a small(ish) chap and brought people into play all over the shop against Lincoln. I think he's an asset to be sure.

• @Wendoverman said:

@georgesims said:

@OxfordBlue said:

Usually people disagree and there is a toing and froing of comment and opinion but a few when someone disagrees with them say 'You cannot say anything on here...' just after saying EXACTLY what they wanted to say. Then richie insults a player (past or present) and calls everyone idiots. Stick around and you'll get the gist.

Yeah it’s another world, everyone is allowed an opinion, personally don’t feel like what I said about Samuel was even remotely bad enough to be called a troll but it is what it is. I like Samuel as a player I just feel at times he can be selfish when not passing

• @georgesims said:

@Wendoverman said:

@georgesims said:

@OxfordBlue said:

Yeah it’s another world, everyone is allowed an opinion, personally don’t feel like what I said about Samuel was even remotely bad enough to be called a troll but it is what it is. I like Samuel as a player I just feel at times he can be selfish when not passing

There will be disagreement. Thick skin required.

• The one thing I am very interested to see is, who on earth gets picked when... Fred, Smyth, Aaron's, Wheeler, Samuel, Kashket and Bayo (have I missed someone ?) are ALL available ... good luck with that Gareth !