Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

Comments

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Sorry to be so negative but there are still 39 games to go, so top of the league means f all.

Pretty sure it means we’ve won quite a few points early on in the season which gives us more of a buffer to soak up any injury problems or runs of bad luck we might have later on.

• @drcongo said:

@thecatwwfc said:
    Sorry to be so negative but there are still 39 games to go, so top of the league means f all.

Pretty sure it means we’ve won quite a few points early on in the season which gives us more of a buffer to soak up any injury problems or runs of bad luck we might have later on.

Much like all the early points we gained last season. Soaked that one up a treat didn't we?

• We did need all those points, so @drcongo is spot on. Points all count.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Much like all the early points we gained last season. Soaked that one up a treat didn't we?

Yes. We didn’t go down. Maths your strong point?

• JJ you beautiful man!

• @Shev said:
    We did need all those points, so @drcongo is spot on. Points all count.

I'm not stupid enough to realise that we need the points...but my point was, it's a long season so we shouldn't get carried away. I will take back my ridiculous comment.

• Jj again!! Have to see if its a hatrick officially later

• Holy Shit J J.

Greaaaat game.

• I hate to be top of the league and winning games so early especially with this sort of great team performance . Sorry to be negative.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I hate to be top of the league and winning games so early especially with this sort of great team performance . Sorry to be negative.

You lot completely missed my point. All I was saying is, I think we should stay grounded. Never once mentioned that it was "bad" being top of the league. Once you have climbed out of each others' arses perhaps you could have a read back. I'm enjoying it as much as anyone but I also realise that we are 7 games into the season and anything can happen, in relation to people posting "WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE".

• One person said we’re top of the league. You said it “means f all”. Which, as you’ve since conceded, isn’t true.

• Stay grounded. Enjoy the present. Celebrate while you can. Whoops sorry @thecatwwfc getting carried away.

• WE ARE TOP THE LEAGUE, SAY WE ARE TOP THE LEAGUE! Live in the present, enjoy the victories, and admit we looked like Barça at times during the second half

• @drcongo said:
    One person said we’re top of the league. You said it “means f all”. Which, as you’ve since conceded, isn’t true.

Yes I have conceded that. Points mean prizes.

• @micra said:
    Stay grounded. Enjoy the present. Celebrate while you can. Whoops sorry @thecatwwfc getting carried away.

Another keyboard warrior. I wonder how many people would be this trappy in "in real life"

• And right now, we're worth a million in prizes! (See Iggy Pop)

• edited September 2019

I have to give a shout out to Lincoln fans - almost everyone on their forum is saying that their goal should never have been allowed to happen by the ref (even at the time it went in, rather than after the final whistle). Weird to see fans be so fair minded!

• Blimming heck. I don't think any ones getting carried away or saying we'll be championsm

But you have to enjoy the ups!!

That was good today. Unusual with three set piece goals but not lucky to score as many as three by any means. Regaining composure after a quite scandalous goal against.

Someone the other day said we won't threaten higher up the league as we don't beat anyone by two or three.that was for them.

New loanees looked superb, albeit arrans for a very short run out.

All without Fred, Thompson and Smyth. Heady times.

• Any news on Blooms?

• @thecatwwfc said:

@micra said:
    Stay grounded. Enjoy the present. Celebrate while you can. Whoops sorry @thecatwwfc getting carried away.

Another keyboard warrior. I wonder how many people would be this trappy in "in real life"

Imagine declaring Micra a keyboard warrior. Try and enjoy these amazing times you miserable belter!

• @YorkExile said:
    Any news on Blooms?

Seems to be okay according to the commentator today after speaking to a club official.

• That was an amazing 105 minutes or so, we played really well for great chunks of the game. Enjoy.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@micra said:

Imagine declaring Micra a keyboard warrior. Try and enjoy these amazing times you miserable belter!

No

• Blooms is ok according to the staff at 5.30 in the club shop

• JJ IS THE MESSIAH!

• @Malone said:
    Someone the other day said we won't threaten higher up the league as we don't beat anyone by two or three.that was for them.

That was me, and I was thinking of going to that thread and saying "I love being proven wrong sometimes", but this will do!

• @thecatwwfc said:

Are you challenging a man in his 80s to come over ‘ere and say that?!

• I can't remember the last time we played that well. Superb all over, what a day! As for the ref, he shouldn't be allowed to take charge of a game - at any level - until he proves he can be trusted. That was a shameful neglect of his duty of care, and it also pointed to a wider, serious problem in the game.

When are head injuries going to be taken seriously? It's really worrying.