Skip to content

Click & Collect Your Rebellion Pint

Keen to to embrace the convenience of modern technology, I leapt at the chance to order my pre-match pint via this latest initiative from our American suitors. Unfortunately the gremlins intervened at the point when I clicked on “Payment” although an email tells me that ticket.co staff are reviewing my purchase (or words to that effect - I daren’t check the wording as experience tells me that this post will disappear if I leave it before posting.

Comments

• It was “Pay” not “Payment” and the email said my request has been received and is being reviewed by their support staff. I await developments!

• so soon the pleasure of standing in a queue waving your money and complaining to the person next to you that you were before the person presently getting served but the bar staff keep ignoring you is soon to be denied to us? It's political correctness gone mad.

• Steady on @Wendoverman. I am still recovering from the humiliation and embarrassment of trying to check myself out via the allegedly user-friendly machines in Morrisons and having to bail out at the point, early on, when I hadn’t a clue what the screen wanted me to do next. Went and queued behind trolleys groaning with enough food and drink to keep a large family going for a month and missed my appointment anyway.

• You guys are going to hate the wetherspoon app

• @micra said:
    It was “Pay” not “Payment” and the email said my request has been received and is being reviewed by their support staff. I await developments!

Checking to see if you're old enough @micra to buy alcohol?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    You guys are going to hate the wetherspoon app

Can you use it if you still hold an EU passport? :smile:

• @Wendoverman said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    You guys are going to hate the wetherspoon app

Can you use it if you still hold an EU passport? :smile:

Only if you order in litres rather than pints.

• I think I might be getting too old to buy alcohol @EwanHoosaami. Did you notice how much I was swaying a couple of weeks ago when you came over to greet me. It was good to see you and I’ll look out for you tomorrow. I’m hoping to make the acquaintance of @drcongo after apparently narrowly missing him last time.
    I’ll be wearing the ancient canary yellow Wanderers polo shirt under a navy Craighoppers top. The beard has gone white but for some reason only on the chin.
    Hope to meet one or two more Gasroomers - the usual suspects as it were.

• Hope to be able to say "Hi" tomorrow, @micra.

• Sorry, guy's, I'm away sailing so will miss tomorrow (and meeting up).

• I’ll put my facial recognition skills to the test. Must be a couple of years since we met briefly as you and @EwanHoosaami were departing for some distant fixture.
    From what you said on here recently, your son has caught up with you heightwise.

• And a bit more! Hope to see you later.

• No joy from Ticketco despite repeated attempts. Hope this is just me. What with that and the news about the disturbingly low away fan prediction plus dark clouds above I’ve lost a bit of buzz at the moment.
    Let’s hope I get it back this afternoon!

• @micra said:
    No joy from Ticketco despite repeated attempts. Hope this is just me. What with that and the news about the disturbingly low away fan prediction plus dark clouds above I’ve lost a bit of buzz at the moment.
    Let’s hope I get it back this afternoon!

Hopefully a couple of pints of Marlow’s finest will do just that.

• My one pint might struggle @Manboobs !

• I had a pint of shandy in montys. I did not see any apps.

• The Boeing 747 was a disaster when it was first introduced (and look how brilliant it turned out to be), so I expect it may take a little time to sort out but it will be an excellent feature when it's fully up and running. P.S. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

• I signed up for a couple of pints and was glad, no arrival, to go into the queue of just me compared to the queue with @EwanHoosaami and many others. Highly recommended.

• Worked a treat. Long queue at 2:30. Few clicks on the website, card details entered. Strolled in and enjoyed a final pint.

• Worked for me. Got pint almost instantly after queuing last time, also v handy if you don't have much cash on you.

• Sounds like I’ve been very unlucky or perhaps just inept. Not sure how long the payment would have remained valid if I’d succeeded in making it as I was unable to get to the game today. Hope to sort it out before Portsmouth game.

• Efforts have finally been made by Ticketco to resolve the problem I had when trying to order a pint of Rebellion last week.
    Yesterday I received the following email

“Hello

At the beginning I want to apologize for the long waiting time.
    Can you send to us any screen shot of your error or accurate error description.

Tomasz Hasiuk
    Customer Service Agent
    TicketCo. “

I duly obliged (or thought I had) until I received the following email:

“Hi Mark, [nearly right!]

Unfortunately, I didn’t receive anything. It’s hard for me to help you if I don’t have any more information. So I will ask you about few things (sic).

You was trying bought a pint using computer (web page) if I good understand?

Are you sure that you fill all fields correctly?
    Are you tried to use your phone to buy something?(by web page)

Of course this event has ended so we can’t check this, but I wonder do you have the same problem at other events?

Tomasz Hasiuk etc...”

I look forward to joining the long queue on 21 September and getting the opportunity to flourish my wad of readies whilst complaining loudly to anyone prepared to listen (ie no-one) that the guy being served was several places behind me when I joined the queue.

• I'm not having any luck in pre-ordering Rebellion for Pompy on the 'ticketswwfc.com' link as all I get is the Lincoln screen saying no longer available.

• You was trying bought a pint using computer (web page) if I good understand @ValleyWanderer.

See you in the snail ? queue.

• Sorry @micra, I think you're ahead of me in the queue if you re-read your first line!?

• First line of my post of September 13 ?

• Line 19.

• You're too sharp for me @micra, I'd forgotten the reply message text.

• I’m judge sober today! Mrs Micra asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I have asked for a lift to and from the ground tomorrow - not to enable me to exceed the limit but to save £5 parking charge (violins in background) and to get to my favourite supermarket, just up the hill, after the game for a few items that aren’t worth making a special journey for. If @croider is listening I must apologise for making this thread all about me yet again. Pure indulgence.

• Happy Birhday @micra! Indulge yourself to the full.