Skip to content

Will the Couhig's get the 75 percent they need ???

discuss .......

Poll not found

Comments

• Who knows? Pointless exercise at this stage.

• I can't see how this threshold can ever be reached by any deal ever.

This is based on not voting counts as a no and votes never get a high enough voter turnout to make this work.

• hardly, were expecting the vote in 3/4 weeks and they won't be releasing the info some of you seem to think they will so basically u need to decide from what u know and have seen as I understand it.

@micra said:
      Who knows? Pointless exercise at this stage.

• Pointless until Legacy Members have been presented with details of “the overall shape and details of the agreement...”. That will happen when lawyers representing both parties have resolved a number of residual issues over the next few weeks. When, hopefully in October, that presentation has been made and duly deliberated upon, it might be considerably less pointless to ask people about their intentions.

• Or perhaps more accurately in the context of your OP whether they think the 75% yes vote will be achieved.

• On a serious not the only person who I think would get that amount is a rich ex player who lives in the area........ Saying that the Trust messed that one up.

• Not the only person? Sorry, I’m being disingenuous but I fear there may be an element of truth in what you say.

• Whether it is fair to say they messed that up is questionable in the extreme. I know which bidder I prefer. No contest in terms of comparative character and commitment.

• If the vote isn't on 31st October I'm resigning...

• Was just waiting for that @Wendoverman and my money was on you!

• I understand why, in the context of the upcoming vote, people are saying that abstention will count as a 'No' vote but, technically, it does not; rather, for the purposes of this vote, it does not count as a 'Yes'. Abstention is neither 'Yes' nor 'No' and can convey a different message to those seeking for the proposal to be approved.

If insufficient information is released in advance of the vote for me to feel able to make an informed decision then I will abstain and will communicate clearly to the Trust Board and Rob Couhig that I have done so and why. In the same way as I will not vote 'Yes' unless I believe that the proposed change is the correct thing to do, I will also not vote 'No' unless I believe that the proposed change is not the correct thing to do.

It is my opinion that if those who feel they have insufficient information to decide either way were to abstain, instead of voting 'No', it would send a clearer message to the Trust Board and Rob Couhig regarding the possibility of getting approval at a subsequent repeat vote. If all those people were to vote 'No' then all of those 'No' votes could be interpreted as refusal to accept the proposal on any terms, potentially causing Rob Couhig to give up and walk away when a lot of those who voted 'No' may have been quite close to actually saying 'Yes', but for need of more detail on what are key factors to them.

• @micra said:
      Was just waiting for that @Wendoverman and my money was on you!

I'm the only man of principle on here...

• You’re a humour hero.

• @Uncle_T said:
      I understand why, in the context of the upcoming vote, people are saying that abstention will count as a 'No' vote but, technically, it does not; rather, for the purposes of this vote, it does not count as a 'Yes'. Abstention is neither 'Yes' nor 'No' and can convey a different message to those seeking for the proposal to be approved.

If insufficient information is released in advance of the vote for me to feel able to make an informed decision then I will abstain and will communicate clearly to the Trust Board and Rob Couhig that I have done so and why. In the same way as I will not vote 'Yes' unless I believe that the proposed change is the correct thing to do, I will also not vote 'No' unless I believe that the proposed change is not the correct thing to do.

It is my opinion that if those who feel they have insufficient information to decide either way were to abstain, instead of voting 'No', it would send a clearer message to the Trust Board and Rob Couhig regarding the possibility of getting approval at a subsequent repeat vote. If all those people were to vote 'No' then all of those 'No' votes could be interpreted as refusal to accept the proposal on any terms, potentially causing Rob Couhig to give up and walk away when a lot of those who voted 'No' may have been quite close to actually saying 'Yes', but for need of more detail on what are key factors to them.

Get the point but wouldn't you have to put abstain on the ballot as how do you distinguish between that and apathy otherwise?
      Has 'Abstain ' ever been an option on a ballot or vote?

• I think they'll get it comfortably

• @Right_in_the_Middle You are correct that 'Abstain' won't be on the ballot; nor a space for explaining reasons for abstention, which could be many. In the event that I do feel the need to abstain, I would communicate clearly to the Trust Board and Rob Couhig that I have done so and why. This would be done as a separate direct communication to them.

I have been trying to look at it from the other side, as if I am the one making the proposal. If I was to see that a significant number of deliberate 'No' votes have been cast then I may be more inclined to just give up and move on than if I was to see there had been a lot of abstentions. In the latter case I may be more inclined to remain hopeful of a successful outcome, do my best to address the reasons why those who voted neither 'Yes' nor 'No' felt unable to vote 'Yes' and try again with another vote on a later date.

• Stop negating my positive comments about you @Wendoverman !

• How much they are paying, how much they are promising to put in, what the deal is with ground upkeep / earnings from renting out the stadium for other events, exit clauses or safeguarding promises, loan arrangements going forward, how much they have put in so far, if anything, make up of board, supporters representation, future plans medium and longer term.

Just a few things I'd like to hear before I'd vote, if i had one, which i don't yet, and won't ever have if this passes. But you know, an increased budget that may not even have been paid for and a cheerful disposition? thats cool.

No guesswork please btw, I'm sure they'll be happy to answer in due course.

• @StrongestTeam They are paying 3k a week.

• I want to know what Richie is earning in the club shop.

• @mooneyman said:
      I want to know what Richie is earning in the club shop.

I've texted CMS and he'll get back to me.

• @Wendoverman said:
      @StrongestTeam They are paying 3k a week.

Where do i collect.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Wendoverman said:
      @StrongestTeam They are paying 3k a week.

Where do i collect.

Not to you. To the Power Group. And Richie. Probably.

• I hope and pray they get the vote. Will they? Who knows

• @Alexo said:
      I hope and pray they get the vote. Will they? Who knows

yes probably

• If they don't - then no outside investor ever will. Who are we really expecting to come into the club and invest cash into a loss-making business model? We have to expect some compromises on that. The trust-owned business is untenable in the long-term at any successful level.

• Anyone with a vote still needs to be a little cautious - and hear the full details of the "plan" first.

However, on the face of it, they could barely have made a better start to life here!

• Voting no or abstaining are not passive walk away decisions

• Come on - no sane legacy member will vote against - hopefully those dithering have registered Lasting Powers of Attorney in place

• It will be a travesty if they don’t get the vote