Skip to content

Adam El-Abd Leaves

Comments

• Is this Blankety Blank? I'll go with"Page 3 girl".

• I don't see the point in speculating as to the why of his leaving. It's very unlikely we will ever know the full truth unless GA and El-Abd agree to tell us.
    However, isn't it the case that if we have agreed to cancel his registration (if that's what has happened) then he could, as a a free agent, sign for another club at any time rather than wait until January?

• El Abd I suspect will shortly be announced as a coach somewhere But the Bolton link could be feasible as they really need to get back to the championship ASAP

• Was not sure about him at first seemed a little short to play at CB but I later saw what Gareth saw a true leader. Wish him well Thank you Adam.

• Not sure how long Kevin Bonds gonna last at Southend. They are leaking goals, wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up there.

• Adam is a big rugby fan of course. Wonder if he'll take a few weeks out to watch the upcoming world cup?

• Why have Eygpt qualified this year ?
    Or have they been given a wild card under the ' 'colonialist and invaders rule'. Are they playing as Eygpt or the Ottorman Empire in this years tedious fondle fest ?

• Agreed @ChasHarps with the onfield qualities, I too was more confident with him in the side. I would add that his "aggression" in defence of the goal was up there with the best of the centre backs at Wycombe that I have seen in the last 26 years.
    Best wishes to him wherever he reappears.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Why have Eygpt qualified this year ?
    Or have they been given a wild card under the ' 'colonialist and invaders rule'. Are they playing as Eygpt or the Ottorman Empire in this years tedious fondle fest ?

says the cricket fan!!!!!!

• @ChasHarps said:
    I'm sure we could put a stop to that if we move the subject onto politics.

I think Adam preferred the option of a second referendum which went against the grain in the dressing room where a negotiated deal is preferred in order to ensure a smooth exit. He also kept threatening to pull Boris's hair...

• https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/september/adam-ill-always-be-grateful/

Not sure he’s the type to put this kind of PR spin on a falling out - I’d be inclined to take him at his word.

• Initially I thought there was something suspicious about his rapid departure but maybe it is about a new challenge etc. His statement is full of praise for the gaffer, the club and the playing staff.

• I think if you are of a certain age and you see younger players coming in in your position you have a choice of hanging about in case there are injuries or going somewhere else to play. I am sure Gareth would have been quite happy if he had decided to stay until the end of his contract...but good luck to him.

• The only new player brought in to his position is Giles Phillips - the other three central defenders were all there last season when El Abd was first choice - and he remained first choice at the start of the season. His bland message today reveals nothing. Anyone jumping to the conclusion that he left because he was no longer guaranteed a starting spot is clutching at the most tenuous of straws.

• As opposed to conspiracy theories based on what?

• @aloysius We are all clutching at straws unless Adam elaborates on his statement

• Im sure his statement was agreed before being issued, Im aware he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer so it was probably written for him.

• edited September 2019

@rmjlondon said:
    Im sure his statement was agreed before being issued, Im aware he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer so it was probably written for him.

That is funny. I believe that's how Press Releases work...even for Government Ministers. There was really no need to be so snarky was there, richie, even for a superfan in the know?

• @aloysius said:
    The only new player brought in to his position is Giles Phillips - the other three central defenders were all there last season when El Abd was first choice - and he remained first choice at the start of the season. His bland message today reveals nothing. Anyone jumping to the conclusion that he left because he was no longer guaranteed a starting spot is clutching at the most tenuous of straws.

We need another game and quick...

• The last player I remember being anything but super diplomatic was Dean Morgan, when he quoted as saying he "wouldn't have signed anyway", if he'd been offered a new deal.

Most players who leave here give the impression they've enjoyed and appreciated their time, even if they've gone from a key player to marginalised - which is probably another great sign of the atmosphere Gaz has created

• @rmjlondon said:
    Im sure his statement was agreed before being issued, Im aware he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer so it was probably written for him.

He’s the carving next to your butter though.

• Enigmatic @arnos_grove. Or am I being thick? Probably. Not the brightest button in the box.

• Different types of knife in the drawer, @micra.

• I never had @micra down as a spork.

• He has sporks and knorks. Saves Mrs Micra time on the washing up!

• I didn't know you spoke Norwegian @mooneyman !

• I know my knivs og gaffels @NorsQuarters!

• @NorsQuarters said:
    I didn't know you spoke Norwegian @mooneyman !

I blame all those grim Scandi murder dramas

• @Wendoverman said:

@NorsQuarters said:
    I didn't know you spoke Norwegian @mooneyman !

I blame all those grim Scandi murder dramas

Nordic noir please.