Skip to content

If you won the Euro Millions jackpot, would you invest in Wycombe Wanderers?

If yes, in what way would want your money spent?

Comments

• I was going to post this thread yesterday!

Yes, I would, but in a sustainable fashion with a long-term approach.

• Pay off Steye Hayes debt in it's entirety.
    • Purchase the training ground.
    • Re-open the youth academy.
    • Ramp up marketing efforts to increase attendances long term.
    • Employ a larger sales team to make full use of all available advertising/revenue streams.
    • Hassle the council every day to consider improving access to the ground for supporters.
  • Depending how much i won. If it was a massive euro win. Then pretty much what BillSticker said...If it was a normal uk loto win, then maybe buy a 10 year lease on a box.

• Sensible comments. I certainly wouldn't want to put money into the pockets of greedy, feckless, fickle, badge-kissing players and their blood sucking agents.

• Or I'd buy MK Dons then liquidate them.

• @BillStickers said:
    Or I'd buy MK Dons then liquidate them.

I'd relocate them to Wakefield, for the irony.

• I think "invest" might be the wrong word.

• I would love to be able to gives funds towards bringing back the youth system.

• I would reopen the Acadamy and guarantee funding for it for five years

• Pay off debt to Steve Hayes
    Purchase back the training ground
    Set up new youth system with local non league clubs
    Clear out the board of directors and give a greater voice for fans on the board
    Make the Trust far more accountable and transparent to the fans than at present
    Invest in developing greater links and involvement with the local community through education, providing social and sporting facilities
    Invest in greater involvement from fans outside the area
    Look into the club moving back near the centre of the town
    Reinstate Bluey the Swan as mascot in a FT position
    Increase the yearly players budget
    Give free Beechdean ice cream to all supporters in the summer
    Open a Heston Bluementhal restaurant onsite
    Introduce halftime entertainment of lovely beautiful ladies and fine young strapping lads
    Ban gnats piss in the ground
    Pay Musicians Union rates to the match drummer

• I'd take over the club with a view to creating a fortune through ground sharing with a rugby union club and the development of a Community Stadium.

• As already said "invest" is the wrong wrong word as it implies that you would earn something from it. That wouldn't happen but a healthy donation would do no end of good. Memo to self....buy a ticket!

• @Chris said:
    I'd take over the club with a view to creating a fortune through ground sharing with a rugby union club and the development of a Community Stadium.

There is this wonderful nomad rugby union club in the Midlands seeking a move back south. We could ground share with them at Booker Airfield and call it "The Piss Your Chinos and Batter Your Wife Stadium" . It would have fancy landscaping and everyfin...

• I'd purchase the largest dugouts, complete with tinted windows and gold plated frames.
    All designed by Micky Brooks, that football visionary.

• How much would be needed to get to the Premiership with promotion this and the next two seasons. Once there we then get relegated after one season and pick up a cool £99m in prize money.

• @Greg said:

Reinstate Bluey the Swan as mascot in a FT position

Oh Greg, you're too kind. x

• I would wipe the debts clean and ensure the training ground and all other properties were secured to the club. However, the most important decision would probably be appointing the right person as CEO/Chairman to not bugger it up again.

If I won a ridiculous sum, I would try and build a new stadium in the town centre. I honestly believe that a short walk from a bus stop or train station would make a big difference to attendances.

• @LeeHagger said:
    I would wipe the debts clean and ensure the training ground and all other properties were secured to the club. However, the most important decision would probably be appointing the right person as CEO/Chairman to not bugger it up again.

If I won a ridiculous sum, I would try and build a new stadium in the town centre. I honestly believe that a short walk from a bus stop or train station would make a big difference to attendances.
    Defiantly look at a Brownfield site.

• edited February 2015

Parking would be a huge issue for a town centre I think me old mate. Many Wycombe fans live outside the town in rural Bucks and Oxs.

I expect, over the next decade, that lots of the big factories on Hillbottom Road will be sold off as brownfield residential developments.

While it would be kind of sad to see all that industry go away, and perhaps a loss of jobs for local people too, if that area became completely residential it would probably bring up attendances.

• Again if I had a bottomless pit, I'd help finance a few park and rides. It's not like parking is fantastic at AP.

• I would be in a very non-official capacity. Wouldn't really want to be part of any decisions. Just to get a cup of tea, seats in a box. And Rebellion beer on tap.

• Being able to give Greene King the big E would cause me the greatest satisfaction.