Skip to content

Comments

• What on earth?! That's a massive shock isn't it!?

• What the?!

• Massive error. Lost a bit of pace but a true warrior. Fall out with Ainsworth ?

• I don't think anyone saw this coming, but I don't think it's a big blow from a playing POV. He wasn't part of our strongest CB pairing anymore IMO. I am a bit concerned that this probably puts Sido firmly into the CB bracket once again - not because I doubt Sido as a CB (absolutely the opposite) but because we're short at RB.

• This is one the club will have to explain properly. I can only think there has been a massive bust-up with Ainsworth - having your captain quit mid-season with no prior warning must surely be unheard of. Given none of Sido, Stewart or Charles are particularly injury adverse and Phillips is still learning the ropes, I hope we're bringing in a replacement in the next few hours...

• Such a good organiser and professional. Truly shocked.

• Hope we replace him Charles, Sido and Stewart all quite injury prone

• Very strange. Starting centre back and captain leaves a month into our best ever (?) start to a Lg 1 season. There must be something more to it. He was on the bench on Saturday!

• Huge loss, not least his leadership skills. Hopefully we haven't (or Rob hasn't) wasted money paying up his contract.

• He had the leadership to him. Always being commanding at the back. Complete defender. Sad to see him leave but maybe the best for us all.

• I'm hoping this means someone else is coming in? It seems naive to rely on Charles, Stewart, Sido and Phillips all staying fit...

• Pierre arriving in 3... 2...

• Shocked to here this. Hope he's ok.

Hope fans don't jump to conclusions on the reasons as it could be due to alot of things and he deserves our support through all of them.

• El Abd put in some huge performances for the club in his relatively brief time here, and he's a big character to lose.

I'm confident that we can cope without him though.

• So Gape as team captain now?

• Absolute shocker.

• Is Sido back in training yet?

• CMS wasn't a surprise at all, but this one seems very unusual, to say the least.

• I have huge affection for Adam as a player and as a man and I’m really sorry to see him go, but that’s the way football works. Sometimes you have to juggle your resources to get the players the manager says he needs at the expense of those for whom he thinks he has adequate replacements.

• @chapmanio said:
    Is Sido back in training yet?

Yes. Since last week.

• Oh dear...was an good signing despite his doubters on here (I seem to recall a few) I felt a bit like this when Leon Johnson went...and then Pierre came in. Good Luck to Adam and thanks

• No more defenders in then.

• He can also play at centre back.

• Sorry to see Adam leave, however, we must respect and trust in Gareth - as a manager you need to make difficult decisions and set aside any emotions that could sway this - Adam has been superb for us but clearly cannot meet the expectations of what the club are trying to achieve. I have no doubt the decision would not have been taken lightly, but I am confident it was for all of the right reasons.

• We’ve got Charles, Phillips, Stewart, Sido and Frempah plus the addition of the new lad from Bournemouth.

• Well said Ceefax Striker, a balanced and accurate portrayal of the art of football management.

• I just hope Adam can catch on somewhere else quickly. It must be frightening to have your livelihood up in the air right as the window closes (though obviously he can still sign somewhere).

• edited September 2019

A

• Never rated El abd as a player but he earnt my respect and was clearly a great influence on the team as captain.

Doubt he fancied a season watching Charles and Stewart play ahead of him