Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• edited August 2019

Celtic and Napoli are rumoured to be interested in signing Jordon Ibe.

• Jakubiak scores for Gillingham.

• edited August 2019

Jakubiak scores again.

• Does that equal his season best?

• Kadeem Hartis scores the only goal as Wednesday beat Lu'on 1-0, Luke Bolton making his debut for the Hatters from the bench.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Does that equal his season best?

Let's hope he does not score his first goals at AP on his return!

• Great result for Linfield in Europe tonight. Noticed Chris Casement played for them. Now there is a blast from the past!

• Jason McCarthy and PCH made their league debuts for their respective clubs yesterday, both coming off the bench late on.

• In looking up the Colchester result following the above post from @gary, I saw Pierre hadn't played for Northampton and wondered why, suspecting an injury.

Did anyone else know he signed for Shrewsbury over the summer?!

• Eze scores another for QPR. Very neat free kick rom just outside the box - typical Eze: not flashy but totally effective. And a sublime assist for their third goal. What a player!

• @HCblue said:
    Eze scores another for QPR. Very neat free kick rom just outside the box - typical Eze: not flashy but totally effective. And a sublime assist for their third goal. What a player!

Southampton will look to make a bid in January according to BBC

• @HCblue said:
    In looking up the Colchester result following the above post from @gary, I saw Pierre hadn't played for Northampton and wondered why, suspecting an injury.

Did anyone else know he signed for Shrewsbury over the summer?!

Didn't pierre join Shrewsbury?

• A Northampton fan told me he went to Shrewsbury for £500k. I haven't seen that figure mentioned anywhere, seems high but he was Player of the Season last year and scoring a few goals.

• Not short of funds at Shrewsbury it seems.

• Junior Morais on the bench for St Mirren.

• @micra said:
    Not short of funds at Shrewsbury it seems.

The owner whilst not super rich, can probably afford the odd purchase.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/richest-football-league-clubs-based-13285535

• Matt McClure scored on Saturday for Maidstone Utd. 2 in 2 for him.

• When my barber mentioned Matt McClure the other day a young fellow piped up that Matt was a good mate of his. He added that Matt played for Aldershot. I knew that he’d moved on but couldn’t remember where he’d gone. Should have done. I used to go to every game at the Athletic Ground with my dad (including Reserve games) in the early post-war years.

• edited August 2019

According to Roker Report, Sunderland recently rejected a bid from Luton for Luke O’Nien.

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2019/8/21/20825759/revealed-championship-side-made-serious-cash-offers-for-sunderland-utility-man-luke-onien

• Exacademy player and this seasons trialist Jake Gray has signed for Conference leaders Woking.

• Bruno Andrade just scored a worldy for Lincoln against Everton.

• Luke O'Nein sent off for violent conduct.

• Luke O’Nien sent off for violent conduct against Posh.

• Gozie Ugwu scores for Ebbsfleet.

• Two sent off for Sunderland including one of the least violent players to have graced the AP turf. But I think they always use that term on BBC Live Text. Covers a multitude as it were.

• Having watched the highlights, Luke can consider himself extremely unfortunate to have been the victim of a dishonest opponent and an overly credulous and undiscerning referee.

• Paris Cowan-Hall scored twice tonight for Col U in their 3-2 away win at Gillingham in the EFL Trophy

• Sunderland have successfully appealed LON’s red card.

• I wonder if they ask for an explanation from officials, for why they made a decision on something that didn't happen.
    Home player goes down clutching his head, baying crowd call for a Red card, Ref appeases home fans.
    Awful officiating.