Skip to content

Parkinson resigns

what can happen next ......

Comments

• It looks like it will end in tears. I fear Bolton will not complete the season. Along with Bury who look doomed.

• Neither team too far from the oystons...I'm sure the efl would welcome an experienced football family taking over...

• Not funny

• @rmjlondon said:
    Not funny

Well actually it's a comment on the incompetence of the EFL but I suppose from the high horse of moral correctness that you ride, richie, I can see how it might be misconstrued

• Is Parkinson just the rat deserting the ship?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Is Parkinson just the rat deserting the ship?

If not getting paid, barely having any senior players, their existence clinging by a thread
    and pulling out of a game because their kids are knackered, isn't an untenable position, I wonder if there is such a thing.

What do you think?

• @eric_plant said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

What do you think?

Based on my personal view of Parkinson as a man and a manager I am going with yes. What do you think?

@eric_plant said:

What do you think?

Based on my personal view of Parkinson as a man and a manager I am going with yes. What do you think?

I've no real view on him personally, but I would imagine not getting paid whilst papering over the cracks while the suits played poker safe in the knowledge if someone took over you would probably get the tin tack and have to go to court to get what you were owed, he probably thought he would cut his losses.

@eric_plant said:

What do you think?

I think that's a pretty appalling thing to say given what he's already put up with and not walked away

• I have met Parkinson and his assistant Steve Parkin on many occasions and they are decent people who’ve done their best in incredibly difficult circumstances. They’ve been made so many false promises that I don’t know how anyone can blame them for seeking employment elsewhere.

• Bolton fans appear to be mostly wishing him well on their forum.

• The Bolton fans I know speak very highly of him, as did the bloke from the Bolton supporters trust I heard interviewed.

Righty's really let himself down here I'm afraid

• Kevin Nolan says he wants the job i just read.

• @robin said:
    Kevin Nolan says he wants the job i just read.

A match made in heaven!

• @robin said:
    Kevin Nolan says he wants the job i just read.

Actually Kevin Nolan said Kevin Nolan wants the job

• Kevin Nolan said that Kevin Nolan would be interested.

Has anyone ever taken 3 clubs out of the league?

• Nolan and Nolan. Manager and assistant rolled into one. I have heard from people who know people who know (none of them richie) people involved that FV takeover is imminent.
    They also said Laurence Bassini was a total ****
    Jury out on both I assume.

• Thanks for the same dig two days running @eric_plant . It's easy to criticise when you don't ever give your own personal view to balance.

My view is based on meeting the man and being in close proximity to him at matches but, of course, it is a personal view.

• Difficult to know whose opinion to go with here

Thanks for the same dig two days running @eric_plant . It's easy to criticise when you don't ever give your own personal view to balance.

My view is based on meeting the man and being in close proximity to him at matches but, of course, it is a personal view.

I’m genuinely surprised that you found something to dislike about Parkinson when you met him, perhaps you caught him on a bad day. If by ‘close proximity’ at matches you mean seeing him on the touch line, I think being a football manager during a game would turn even a saint into a raving lunatic!