Skip to content

Is the Lincoln Game in doubt ?

I see they have had 2 call ups for Wales What are the rules on this?

Comments

• Think they can apply for a postponement with three call up but as the Lincoln manager went in record yesterday talking about his 18 man squad it might be a problem for them.

International weekends are a pain aren't they?

• They really are but an 18 man squad?
    Was he not referring to 11 + 7 subs for a particular match? Otherwise, hard to see them sustaining their excellent start.

• They've got a squad of 22.

• Speaking to BBC Radio Lincolnshire after Tuesday's loss at MK Dons, Cowley said: "It's a huge disadvantage for us, there's no hiding place.

"[Doncaster manager] Darren Moore was watching us tonight. They've had a free week, we've played five games back to back and we've got nine games this month, I've only got 18 players myself.

"What do I do? Do I cancel the game on Friday night and let everyone know by social media?

Above is a section of the article on the BBC Sport website. Doesn't sound that happy or sympathetic.

• He must mean 18 fit players. Hopefully the other four are back in time for our game...

• Dreadful comments.

• They have a squad of 23.

Morrell is on loan and has regularly been called up. You know you’re going to lose him three times a season.

Lewis is a first call up and hasn’t played this season for Lincoln.

I don’t see the problem??

• moaning myrtle cowley but bolton calling the game off was totally out of order and they should have points deducted !!!

• You’d have to worry about your teams long term fitness if they need a week off after game 6.

Adding that game back into a mid week also has a feeling of “robbing Peter to pay Paul” about it too