Skip to content

Nathan Jones

surely hasn’t got long left at Stoke, 3-0 down tonight meaning he’ll have won just 4 of his 26 games in charge ? seeing Luton keeping stoke company at the bottom of the Championship so far is heartwarming scenes

Comments

• Yeh gotta be sacked soon

• Despite his ability in putting what was a very good Luton side together and steering them to the top of the L1 table, this demonstrates the difficulty that managers have in choosing when to move to a 'bigger' club and the perils therein! It also shows how tricky it is to survive in the Championship as Luton were (are?) a good side and tells us we're nowhere near ready (yet)!

• To misquote Bananarama: Nathan Jones, you ain't got too long.

• Discussing this with a Luton supporting friend at work. Predicting both clubs fire their managers before Christmas and Jones goes back to Luton

• Jones won't make the end of October let alone Christmas, Luton are not expected to be anything but bottom 5 or 6

• When is the hopefully nasty bottom.of the league six pointer?

• Between Luton and who?

• Prefer the Supremes version over Bananeramas myself

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Between Luton and who?

Between Luton and anyone I suppose, but I was thinking Stoke...

• Not Luton Hoo then.

• @micra said:
    Not Luton Hoo then.

I actually groaned @micra

• Not quite in the Vine/Jones class admittedly @Wendoverman.

• Thanks @Wendoverman, I should have put the jig saw together before commenting.

• Would Jones even want to go back to Luton after the amount of abuse he got when he left? Didn't he get death threats? A man of his, frankly, supreme arrogance, may not want to go crawling back for his old job.

• The Vine/Jones reference was to Tim and Milton of course. I’d completely forgotten that the Reverend Nathan was the subject of this thread.

• I thought you'd merely misspelled Vinny Jones.

• I thought people might think that @drcongo.

• I think if we win today the Southend job will shortly be available. Be nice to have the rev back in league one.

• Just saw this on the Stoke forum. Made me smile.

'I have no idea what these beliefs are he should stay true to are but it's no exaggeration to say he's a full on lunatic, howling at the moon.'