Skip to content

Best starting eleven

2»

Comments

• Password for iFollow of course.

• @micra, i think it was the keeper who hit the post, with his body! Hence a few mins delay after.
    I "Think" the keeper saved the shot - though could be wrong.

Even with a replay facility, I couldn't be certain earlier that Charles had made a clearance over the bar from a few yards out, as opposed to their striker bungling it.

• Bloody BBC Sport @Malone.
    Great to see Darius back (and what typical patience and caring by the Wycombe management team). And Darius himself has shown incredible resilience to work his way back after suffering the same hip problem as Andy Murray.

• Yes, we do seem to have more than our fair share of players and coaching staff to whom the title 'inspirational' fits.

• @Malone said:
    @Bacon_Sandwich. Reading back your opener.
    Just one question.
    Who is Lionel Smyth!!

It's the first name of someone Smyth is compared too... come on @Malone you're better than that ha,

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:

@Malone said:
    @Bacon_Sandwich. Reading back your opener.
    Just one question.
    Who is Lionel Smyth!!

It's the first name of someone Smyth is compared too... come on @Malone you're better than that ha,

Of course! Lionel Blair for his...erm dancing.

• I was thinking Richie for his erm singing.

• @mooneyman said:

@rmjlondon said:
    El Abd just missing out ??? not while GA has a hole in his arse and neither should he !!!

Probably the most sensible and correct post you have ever made. El Abd if fit should be an automatic starter for his leadership skills alone.

@mooneyman and @rmjlondon you still not backing the centre back partnership?

• @Bacon_Sandwich - I am prepared to eat humble pie as long as it's with custard!

However, I still stand by my view that El Abd will be missed for his leadership, even if it was in the dressing room. We have to also hope that the history of injury to the current incumbents doesn't resurface.

• Mooneyman. I see ElAbd wasn't even on the bench at Stevenage today. I was never a big fan but I find it a bit strange, from probably first choice centre back at WW to not starting in a struggling Boro side.

• @Fit2drop said:
    Mooneyman. I see ElAbd wasn't even on the bench at Stevenage today. I was never a big fan but I find it a bit strange, from probably first choice centre back at WW to not starting in a struggling Boro side.

Very strange, but early doors still, and someone pointed out that the manager that signed him got sacked!
    That makes a real difference.

• Could be injured of course.

• @mooneyman said:
    @Bacon_Sandwich - I am prepared to eat humble pie as long as it's with custard!

However, I still stand by my view that El Abd will be missed for his leadership, even if it was in the dressing room. We have to also hope that the history of injury to the current incumbents doesn't resurface.

All good points, it couldn’t have gone better for Charles and Stewart in all fairness: