Skip to content

New Sky and BT Sport Deal - Its disgusting

More money for what? Players to become even richer and even more deluded and not connected to reality.

Plus what is this tripe from Scudamore:

Scudamore feels the deal should make all teams more competitive and says that clubs must concentrate on the "number one" priority of making sure stadiums are full.

What a d*** try making clubs charge far less for a start, Why is this the most expensive country in the world to watch football at any level.

If enough is enough and you hate the way football has gone try these two for starters.

http://supportersnotcustomers.com/

http://www.standamf.com/

Comments

• The FSF ‏@The_FSF
    £5bn PL TV deal is £2bn increase - in the past owners, players & agents have seen the £££. This time the fans need a cut too #shareTVwealth

• My biggest problem with the deal is that the tam that finishes 20th in the PL will 'win' 99M in prize money. For coming last!

• Revenue goes up, but clubs are financially no better off than they were at the start of the premier league. They still carry huge debts, they still record massive losses. Football is an arms race; it's not about how much you spend, it's about spending more than your competitor.

Until the FA steps in and requires clubs to ringfence a certain amount of their TV money for improving their balance sheets, stadia, training grounds, etc., then the money will continue to be wasted on securing the services of top players who don't (unsurprisingly) become better players just because they now earn an extra £30k a week.

Forget fairness to the fans, it's just bad business management. And it's the same with any money paid down to the football league. It should be for debt repayments or improvement of facilities only, otherwise clubs will spunk it away on players in order to keep up with everyone else who is spunking it away on players.

• If my Sky subscription goes up by a single pound, I will cancel it. I am pretty bored watching foreign players playing on a platform provided by this country. The Championship is much better.

• Heard an amazing stat on Radio 4 PM last night while on route to the match. Live football makes up 0.2% of all TV output in the UK but this deal accounts for 27% of the UK's entire TV budget.

No wonder cack like Cash in the Attic and baking contests litter the airwaves.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Heard an amazing stat on Radio 4 PM last night while on route to the match. Live football makes up 0.2% of all TV output in the UK but this deal accounts for 27% of the UK's entire TV budget.

Bloody hell.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Heard an amazing stat on Radio 4 PM last night while on route to the match. Live football makes up 0.2% of all TV output in the UK but this deal accounts for 27% of the UK's entire TV budget.

'Cack' such as Cash in the Attic and that show hosted by the two fat ladies are BBC commissioned shows. The BBC didn't win any rights for Premiership live coverage.

• @Greg said:
    'Cack' such as Cash in the Attic and that show hosted by the two fat ladies are BBC commissioned shows. The BBC didn't win any rights for Premiership live coverage.

And that changes the stat in what way? I would imagine (but don't know as I won't have Sky) that even greater horrors lurk on Sky 1.

• Sky 1 is the channel for people who find ITV too challenging.

• Goodness knows what this will do to Sky. They are already saying that they will have to make effiencies in order to pay for this. I think BT must be laughing all the way home.