Skip to content

Bury

Comments

• @Wendoverman said:
    Like all of us I work for free...shame on Sol and any other footballer (and any other staff below Chairman to be honest) wanting money when they should thank the Lord that they are allowed to play the football in front of adoring fans.

Of course, they should pay him, the thing is though he almost certainly doesn't need the money, unlike his players and all the rest of the staff, he needed the job for credibility when he regularly complained he was overlooked for jobs for years previously.
    Wether you like him or not (he's made many ridiculous statements at times and left the club that brought him through for their rivals) he gas done a good job in his short time at Macc.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Like all of us I work for free...shame on Sol and any other footballer (and any other staff below Chairman to be honest) wanting money when they should thank the Lord that they are allowed to play the football in front of adoring fans.

Of course, they should pay him, the thing is though he almost certainly doesn't need the money, unlike his players and all the rest of the staff, he needed the job for credibility when he regularly complained he was overlooked for jobs for years previously.
    Wether you like him or not (he's made many ridiculous statements at times and left the club that brought him through for their rivals) he gas done a good job in his short time at Macc.

I agree totally about the job he has done, and the fact that he does not need the money (didn;t I read somewhere that Gaz was propping us up a bit financially early doors) and that it has not done him much good packing it in under those circumstances but I think some fans get a bit overheated and judas'y about people withdrawing their labour when they've not been paid even if they are a bellend. To be fair the Notts County situation at the time was a bit of a bizarre s*** storm...

• Campbell getting a job and doing decently was just too calm waters wasn't it!
    It wouldn't be him without some unforeseen drama.

He has a right to be paid of course, however wealthy he is, but having waited so long, and having complained so bitterly about being denied an opportunity, he gets one, achieves a minor bit of success, and then leaves. Just classic Sol!

• I doubt Campbell is too bothered about the money, I doubt he is short a few bob and probably on a pittance compared to his playing days.

I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes but I'd wager he's more concerned he's about to have his best players sold, his budget cut and the team's form tank given their financial situation.

• Never much of a fan of Talksport and their 'happy-go-laddy' presenters, but this is quite some exchange...

• @Brownie said:
    Never much of a fan of Talksport and their 'happy-go-laddy' presenters, but this is quite some exchange...

Fuming listening to that.

What an absolute arse.

"I saved that club from catastrophe" wtaf? Does it look like its saved?

Claiming credit for someone else paying players half of what they are owed. Woe is me, but no way will i consider leaving.

If the EFL can't get pieces of shit out of clubs then frankly football at this level is in the toilet.

• Awkward listen there.

• “You’ve been paid because someone else has given you half of your money” unbelievable

• He seemed to be trying to be clever with words too. Oh you've been paid "every month" since the C..whatever it's called. Not admitting that might be 1 month only, and only 50%.

Presuming that 50% business is the total the player received.

What a carry on.
    Reading a link, it says Bury had players on up to 10k a week. In league 2!
    And the likes of Sheff Utd, 2 leagues above couldn't match a wage with one player, so had to compromise by giving an extra year!

• Sounds like a load of crap, Bury wont survive !!

• Before, I just thought Dale was a deluded fool, but you get a sense there of actually just how nasty he is. To not only be completely unapologetic about leaving his employees on the brink of financial ruin, but to accuse them of lying about their situation is really low behaviour.

• How has this guy passed a "fit and proper person" test?

• He didn’t as I understand it.

He just bought the previous owners shares and has largely refused to cooperate with the league since.

Pretty much any action the league could have taken in response would have killed the club. Hard to see what else they could have done.

• The next tweet in the above thread nails it

"Saying about the Owners and Directors Test that they will seek something more 'stringent' and 'learn lessons' might've been adequate five years ago, but it's wholly insufficient"

This is all post-a decade of Oyston. Nothing has changed.

@DevC I get your point under current rules but they aren't fit for modern football. We need to get to a position where transparency is required at every level and clubs can effectively be seized if numerous obligations have been breached. In situations like this the assets are often virtually worthless anyway.

• I'm afraid Dale came out of that in a very poor light. It would have helped somewhat if he had shown some measure of empathy or contrition for the situation the clubs' staff/players were in. To effectively scoff at the raw emotion of the players views will not help with the public view of Dale. In part, I don't think the lead presenter of the show helped the matter by not cutting short the "slanging match" much earlier in the proceedings. Martin Keown made a very good point by asking, along the lines of, "if you really want to save the club, then let it go, unless of course you have a hidden agenda or vested interest such as land ownership? I noticed that Dale deflected an answer by implying that the question was insulting. Really can't help but fear that Burys chances of survival are going down the toilet, just waiting for someone to pull the chain, which I believe is next week?

• Reading up on Dale, it seems around 8 or 9 of his last 1 1 businesses have gone to the wall, something like that!
    wow.

• Dale is a known ruthless asset stripper (though quite what there is left to strip off Bury fc after Day I can't imagine) he bought the club allegedly for £1 and he's hoping to make a few bucks by either selling or letting the club fold, either way he won't lose.
    But sadly I really can't see them surviving now

• Heartbreaking video on Twitter of an old guy who's followed Bury for 70 years, apparently goes to the ticket office every day to ask if there's any news as he isn't on the internet and every day is told 'maybe tomorrow'. How these crooks can be allowed to steal such a huge part of people's lives away while the EFL look elsewhere beggars belief.

• Exactly, heartbreaking, to the likes of Day & Dale its just yet another business to run and ruin, to so many people its such an important part of their lives.
    Just imagine if we had folded around the post sharky, miracle of Torquay era ?
    What we would all be missing now? David Wheelers last minute winner on Saturday for starters.
    Good luck to Bury but I reckon the life support machine will be switched off Friday.>

• If a consortium does come in for Bury...and I hope they do for the fans...I hope Dale agrees to just take £2...a 100% return on the original purchase price!

• https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/ticket-office-update/

"We would like to apologise to supporters for any inconvenience this may cause."

Is this a joke?

• A very poor one if it is!

• edited August 2019

Quite powerful stuff, just a shame that seems unlikely to make a difference. I can't imagine what it must be like for the fans; it's hard enough watching on as an outsider.

• So if the last post on there is correct he won't take a penny less than £5m what a c*nt

• This really is horrendous. I cant imagine he would push this close to liquidation without being willing to take the final step. Talk about trading on the misery of others!

• Looks highly likely he will take the final step, and try to get his grubby little hands on Gigg lane, and make money out of that somehow.

• edited August 2019
  • @th100 said:
    Quite powerful stuff, just a shame that seems unlikely to make a difference. I can't imagine what it must be like for the fans; it's hard enough watching on as an outsider.

The post midway down about an ex employee of the guy is shocking. Asset stripping, allegedly using his "Illness" to escape court, and playing the game of not having anything in his own name to do with failing businesses.

• Bury chucked out of the Carabao Cup and Saturday's game off.