Skip to content

Game Day Experience...

Comments

• Am quite happy that we do things like this to try and improve the match day experience. If the dance group return I've not got a problem with that a Be nice to mix it up with different things I'm sure it's being looked at. As previously said they were fine but the announcer was out of order this is ironic when you are hoping the crowd will react appropriately and the. someone representing the club doesn't.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Genuine question as I wasn’t there yesterday (working in Sunderland): what was the overall impression of the cheerleaders? Did those posters who were critical of the initiative feel that their views were vindicated or that they had been too negative?

Looks to me like the club crashed the cheerleader car but have found that, stadium announcer comments aside, the damage wasn't that bad as most simply ignored it.

If it were me I'd have not crashed the car in the first place. Worth remembering this discretionary spend is ours to pay back at the moment.

• The cheerleaders were fine. They seemed to enjoy their day, looked happy enough in the car park before the game, and I'd imagine all the kids loved them. I've no problem with them at all. They didn't seem to have any issues with anything, weren't dressed provocatively, and just did their thing. Some people enjoyed them, others ignored them. Looks like they'll be back, according to their tweet. Fine with me.

• Two rather contrasting views. I missed the game on Saturday and I expect to be in the totally indifferent camp rather than the car crash category. Might venture an opinion after Sarfend.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Genuine question as I wasn’t there yesterday (working in Sunderland): what was the overall impression of the cheerleaders? Did those posters who were critical of the initiative feel that their views were vindicated or that they had been too negative?

Not my sort of thing, so I asked my 10 year old daughter, who I presume this is aimed at, her opinion. She hid behind her hand and said 'they're just shaking their hands and their legs' and wasn't that impressed. Good luck to them but I just don't think it fits.

• Twas not for me....I was chatting though I did join in the smattering of applause. Shows how indifferent I was as I did not even notice the alleged inappropriate comment by the announcer. He did however make at least three howling errors in calling out the top prize 50/50 numbers that incensed me...everything after 'zero' was disgraceful.

• @NewburyWanderer said:

...weren't dressed provocatively...

I wouldn't be happy if my daughter went out dressed like that!

• @Onlooker said:

@NewburyWanderer said:

...weren't dressed provocatively...

I wouldn't be happy if my daughter went out dressed like that!

Considering what a lot of younglings go out to the discotheque in these days...even when it's cold enough to need a jumper...those costumes look quite conservative!

• edited August 2019

This is the company that provides the cheerleaders: http://fanxinc.com/hire-us-cheerleaders-uk-services/

Look at some of the other services they offer, no wonder we have such a problem with image/appearance - particularly my (the younger) generation. The hostessing and greeting one and how it's described feels particularly off.

• @Onlooker Were you there? They weren't dressed quite like that.

• Does goal music enhance the match day experience? Discuss

• @braywanderer said:
    Does goal music enhance the match day experience? Discuss

I didn’t notice any

• As long as it's not that ghastly air raid warning thing from Lincoln!(I know they do it for corners but.....!!)

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    @Onlooker Were you there? They weren't dressed quite like that.

Yes I was there. One came over for a chat with me. God knows why. Her skirt barely covered her backside and I haven’t felt as awkward since I was about 14. I’m 50 now!

• @BuckinghamBlue said:

@braywanderer said:

I didn’t notice any

Now you mention it yes I heard that. Thankfully only the once.

• @BuckinghamBlue said:

@braywanderer said:

I didn’t notice any

You didn't hear them cranking out "getting jiggy with it" for the first goal?!

Definitely something for another goal, but less memorable!

• @Malone said:

@BuckinghamBlue said:

@braywanderer said:

I didn’t notice any

You didn't hear them cranking out "getting jiggy with it" for the first goal?!

Definitely something for another goal, but less memorable!

No I was in the moment to-wit dancing round punching the sky and shushing the franchise but that’s not to say that it didn’t happen however I liked the scoreboard showing JJ celebrating

• @braywanderer said:

Playing 'Tequila' after the Wheeler goal seems to have upset the MK fans who noticed, so in that case it was worth it!

• edited August 2019

@braywanderer said:

I didn't notice it either. Along with the time wasting. I'm starting to think I wasn't actually at the game.

• @Wendoverman said:

@braywanderer said:

I didn't notice it either. Along with the time wasting. I'm starting to think I wasn't actually at the game.

dododododo, getting jiggy with it

Couldn't believe it when that started up after goal 1!

We've become one of those loathsome goal music lots!

• edited August 2019

Pete Couhig has mentioned playing the goal music extra loud in the away end. I'm fully behind that.

• I think that's pathetic, and embarrassing

• The new generation of supporters that we are trying to attract will love it though. Improvement, not just survival, requires significant change. Some of that will be a little difficult for the old f**ts like me but time to hand over to the younger generation.

• This smacks of ‘big brother’ mass manipulation and a fundamental lack of understanding of spontaneous tribal crowd reaction.
    Anything that gets in the way of the mandatory post goal chant ‘da daa, da daa, da daa daa daa da daa Wycombe’ ( hands raided in a W formation ) has no place at Adams Park.
    ps sorry old git don’t know which tune that was originally appropriated from.

• Does seem a curious idea to taunt away fans with music after a goal.

Will seem a jolly jape until a few rovers fans take it out on some seats or toilets.

• Personally I'm not a fan, aside from St Pauli (who play Blur's Song 2 after goals) I've always associated it with teams whose fans can't make enough noise themselves.

• The new sound system is long overdue and will be very welcome but, as an exceptionally old git, I’m not sure taunting the away fans with it is a particularly good idea.

• @micra said:
    The new sound system is long overdue and will be very welcome but, as an exceptionally old git, I’m not sure taunting the away fans with it is a particularly good idea.

Apart from your unusual obsession with measuring men, I think we more often than not agree oldest son.

• Your obsession @Malone with what you see as a preoccupation on my part with players’ heights - a very important factor a couple of years ago when we were a bit lacking in that respect (eg Scott Brown, Adam El-Abd - is surprising and seemingly out of character.

How tall are you by the way because I really hope you will join us for a pint pre match outside the Rebellion tent on Saturday. I’m guessing you are 40ish and if you are exceptionally tall/short that will help us to pick you out. @NorsQuarters is also 40ish and he and @ValleyWanderer are both 6’ plus.

• @micra , on the micra quoting of heights, I'd probably come out at 6ft 3, but alas, not quite as mighty as that in reality.