Skip to content

Match day thread: Milton Keynes

Comments

• Given Gareth's tendancy to match the opposition formation wise (Fred at top of the diamond last week v Rovers) I wonder if he'll try out a 3 at the back with wing backs system too.

We certainly have the squad for it now, although obviously JJ wouldn't be suitable for LWB. Probably unlikely given i don't think the system was trialled in any of the friendly matches but you never know.

• edited August 2019

Theirs isn't a traditional wing-back system either. Interested to see it first-hand, as I've only caught glimpses on the telly of Sheffield Untied employing it. We certainly do have the players to do it if we ever want to! Grimmer, Sido, Charles, Stewart, Mascoll could be quite something.

• @th100 said:
    Theirs isn't a traditional wing-back system either. Interested to see it first-hand, as I've only caught glimpses on the telly of Sheffield Untied employing it. We certainly do have the players to do it if we ever want to! Grimmer, Sido, Charles, Stewart, Mascoll could be quite something.

MK Don's have appeared to adapt a 3-4-1-2 formation. In other ways this could also be 5-2-1-2 or even 5-3-2. Could we overlap them on the wings if they played 3-4-1-2?

• The tactical numbers stuff is way over done, they don't stand still and will change depending on how its going anyway, lets see, passing to the same coloured shirt, getting a tackle in and targeting whoever is having a mare will be a good start.

• The overlapping CBs is the key; they'll try to overload the wide areas.

• Surprised to see Phillips come in, but absolutely the right call.

• @th100 said:
    Surprised to see Phillips come in, but absolutely the right call.

El-Abd is injured so not too surprising.

• Is he? Still, if Phillips produces another performance like he did in the week, he might struggle to get his place back.

• El-Abd's calf injury ruled him out according to GA.

• What a great penalty win by Smyth! He had them in knots.

• What a counter! 2-1!

• Sounds like end to end stuff. good to get back in front.

• Brilliant game, though no lead is safe at this rate.

• @th100 said:
    In-depth preview if anyone has time for that kind of thing https://chairboyscentral.com/2019/08/16/the-chairboys-central-preview-wycombe-v-mk-dons/

I’m really enjoying what you’re doing on Chairboys Central @th100, the amount of work that goes into each article is evident and they’re all a good read.

• Wheeeeeeleeeeeerrrrr!!!

• Hello 3-2 my old friend
    Last minute winner at the end...

• Did he celebrate?

• What. A. Match. What a squad. What a winner. The whole neighbourhood heard that go in! COYB!!!!

• @Shev said:
    Hello 3-2 my old friend

Milton Keynes are softing weeping
    Scored our third while they were sleeping

And the vision that was planted in my brain
    Still remains
    3-2 winner from Wheeler

• A great advert for L1 football!

• @floyd said:

@Shev said:
    Hello 3-2 my old friend

Milton Keynes are softing weeping
    Scored our third while they were sleeping

And the vision that was planted in my brain
    Still remains
    3-2 winner from Wheeler

Nice one, @floyd!

• edited August 2019

The Trevor Kettle show is rubbish. It shouldn't get renewed for another season, but it will.

But: GET IN!!!

• Freeman's pass for the winner...what a player.

• Thanks @drcongo. I can't promise the Fleetwood one will be as in-depth - quick turnaround time - but I'll try and produce the same again.

• Slightly unsavoury scenes on hillbottom road, MK fans playing at football factory as Wycombe stand back and laugh.

• Oh. I feel so Happy.

• Im waiting to watch it back to see if Kettle had as bigger mare as I suspect !!