Skip to content

Game Day Experience...

Comments

• good grief, how embarrassing

• As someone who lives in America, let me warn you that the next step is a "kiss cam", and burritos being dropped into the crowd from inflatable blimps.

• Maybe if they worked behind the tea bar in the Valley End I might be able to buy a cup of tea and a burger at half time.

• @Shev said:
    As someone who lives in America, let me warn you that the next step is a "kiss cam", and burritos being dropped into the crowd from inflatable blimps.

Or Bodger with a t-shirt cannon.

• Might encourage Dev to pay an occasional visit to Adams Park.

• @Shev said:
    As someone who lives in America, let me warn you that the next step is a "kiss cam", and burritos being dropped into the crowd from inflatable blimps.

I'm up for a good burrito and a decent root beer if we're going to have a cultural merge. I do tend to attend with either my son or mother, so kiss cam would be a bit worrying!

• edited August 2019

Do we really need all this entertainment and whatnot to improve/enhance the matchday 'experience'? As is the way these days, pre-game and during half-time I'm either chatting to those around me, mindlessly scrolling scores/Twitter on my phone, or in the bar. Outside the ground is probably a different matter, in the 'fan zones'.

• Of all the things that need sorting to improve the ‘match day experience’ this one shouldn’t make the list. Doesn’t make money, won’t endear the new regime to fans.
    Priorities off field:

• Fast exit car park system.
    • Shorter waits for better food and drink.
    • Modern bathroom facilities
    • A decent sound system.
    • Replays on the score board.
    • More comprehensive coverage for the club on BBC 3CR
      Until these are all sorted anything else is window dressing.
  • @eric_plant said:
    good grief, how embarrassing

Why is it embarrassing?

• We've had dancers before. I don't remember the moans then?

It's a good thing the team look in good shape, so the moaning can hopefullybe limited to other stuff this year.

• Not moaning but prioritising, just don’t see how limited time and resource needed to be allocated in this direction right now.

• edited August 2019

I agree with Eric.

Oh so 70s. Invariably dull and cringeworthy.

In truth makes little difference to me, but not a good idea IMHO.

• People on the Facebook group are excited. Make of that what you will.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Of all the things that need sorting to improve the ‘match day experience’ this one shouldn’t make the list. Doesn’t make money, won’t endear the new regime to fans.
    Priorities off field:

• A decent sound system.

it’s a bit of harmless fun and how do you know it won’t endear the new regime to fans? The things you list are all valid but they are more difficult to tackle and will take longer to solve. I think we should give these guys time and be positive about what they have already achieved in such a short period of time.

• @glasshalffull said:

@eric_plant said:

Why is it embarrassing?

If I have to explain, then I doubt you'll agree. Might as well leave it like that

• @eric_plant said:

@glasshalffull said:

@eric_plant said:

Why is it embarrassing?

If I have to explain, then I doubt you'll agree. Might as well leave it like that

Will they be spelling out the fifty/fifty numbers before having penalties kicked at them by toddlers as the players warm up? If not....I'm out!

• edited August 2019

Half time "entertainment" is a tricky one.

I dare say a lot of us don't really mind if there's anything or not.

For others, watching kids take pens seems to be the peak of fun. To me, that is super dull, unless you specifically know one of the kids, or their family etc.
    The only time it was amazing, was when Bodger seemed to have got caught up in half time revelry, and forgot he was meant to be in goal, actually delaying the second half of the proper stuff. Now that was entertaining!

Occasional novelty acts seem a decent bet to me.
    `

• Maybe they can teach the players how to form a human pyramid at corners or something.

• edited August 2019

I personally think the cheerleading culture suits the American personality, but does not work so well in Britain. It's the equivalent of doing an American adaption of Fawlty Towers. (Though I am aware that show was co-written by an American!)

• looking forward to this !! can I ask why at the snack booths they do not accept card payments? we are in 2019 , surely this should be made available?

• @Wanderers82 said:
    looking forward to this !! can I ask why at the snack booths they do not accept card payments? we are in 2019 , surely this should be made available?

Would speed things up a bit too.

• It's 2019, Fifteen minutes without anything to do but talk to the people around you about the length of the queues and the half of football you have watched is a disgrace in this day and age! We need noise, music and girls jiggling about...in fact I thought that was one of the things Boris promised if he became PM?

• @Wanderers82 said:
    looking forward to this !! can I ask why at the snack booths they do not accept card payments? we are in 2019 , surely this should be made available?

It was Tuesday night, but slowed the process down as the WiFi was weak at best! This was before the game started, heaven knows what it was like at half-time. Keeping positive though as, so far, the new shareholder is doing fine & Rome wasn't built in a day.

• FB looks to be fairly exploding with the 'oh dear no...' and 'it's only a bit of fun...' debate.

• @Wendoverman said:
    FB looks to be fairly exploding with the 'oh dear no...' and 'it's only a bit of fun...' debate.

One guy called Gerry protesting a bit too much :)

• Not really for me, (I am probably a bit too old & traditional), however if a few kids enjoy it and nag their parents into a return trip as they enjoyed the overall experience, then happy days. Another step towards sustainability.

• Half time quiz, karaoke, chairboys across the world on the big screen, monkey tennis.

• To be honest, I can see why people are against it. Unless you're particularly into modern dance, cheerleaders pretty much cater towards a certain type of bloke. Rob Couhig says he wants to encourage more female supporters to come to AP. I'm not sure how much they're going to enjoy listening to two dozen teenage virgins behind the goal screaming at a bunch of young women to 'get their tits out for the lads'.

Just a bit of fun though, isn't it lads...eh?...eh?

• Might be ok for cricket, but not for football.

• @glasshalffull said:

@perfidious_albion said:
    Of all the things that need sorting to improve the ‘match day experience’ this one shouldn’t make the list. Doesn’t make money, won’t endear the new regime to fans.
    Priorities off field:

• A decent sound system.

it’s a bit of harmless fun and how do you know it won’t endear the new regime to fans? The things you list are all valid but they are more difficult to tackle and will take longer to solve. I think we should give these guys time and be positive about what they have already achieved in such a short period of time.

Your remorseless ‘party line’ positivity is about as persuasive as all of those Boris stooges we are subjected to in the media. In the interests of a better club please accept and take on board constructive criticism.
    A dance troop with our, quite frankly, s#!t sound system is a joke. Let’s not put the ‘cart before the horse’.
    Management need to sort out the basics before we try and put ‘icing in the cake’.
    Rob / Pete if you are out there hope these colloquiums aren’t too obscure!