Skip to content

Reading match thread

124»

Comments

• Maybe a Fred-Samuel-Smyth front three on Saturday and Freeman behind them and occasionally moving wide or swapping with one of the others, would be interesting if it worked and I can't see why it wouldn't.

• @braywanderer said:
    @th100 great read

Seconded, brilliant stuff! Look forward to more of these this season!!

I know that this isn't a popular opinion here (and I didn't make the game on Tuesday so I feel like I probably missed his Magnum Opus) but I still have some doubts about Freeman.

He can undoubtedly make a difference on the pitch, but I can't escape the thought that he needs to interact with the game more. He always seems as though he can't control the ball without looking at it, so it takes him an extra second to get his head up after his first touch, and gives the impression that he can't dribble and find a pass at the same time. It might just be his style (he's not the most fluid runner) but I wonder if that's what is holding him back from being first name on the team sheet....

Very happy to be proven wrong, mind

• @Twizz said:
    Excellent stuff there @th100, enjoyed the read.

Agreed. Great read @th100

• @OnOurWay said:

@braywanderer said:
    @th100 great read

Seconded, brilliant stuff! Look forward to more of these this season!!

I know that this isn't a popular opinion here (and I didn't make the game on Tuesday so I feel like I probably missed his Magnum Opus) but I still have some doubts about Freeman.

He can undoubtedly make a difference on the pitch, but I can't escape the thought that he needs to interact with the game more. He always seems as though he can't control the ball without looking at it, so it takes him an extra second to get his head up after his first touch, and gives the impression that he can't dribble and find a pass at the same time. It might just be his style (he's not the most fluid runner) but I wonder if that's what is holding him back from being first name on the team sheet....

Very happy to be proven wrong, mind

I stand corrected