Skip to content

Sunderland fans view on Gareth Ainsworth

I am a huge fan on Gareth Ainsworth ...I tink the guy is a genius and could manage at a much higher level...What he's done with you lot on a limited budget is unbelievable.....Sunderland fans are not keen on Jack Ross so I put Gareths name forward as my pick to replace him ....needless to say the other Sunderland fans disagree completely saying the the guy is anti football....just how you have managed to keep hold of him is beyond me.....good luck for the season lads ....you will definitely stop up

Comments

• I take it you meant to say “step up” @Sunderlandfan1983. Ainsworth is a perfect fit for a club of our size, resources and general ambience.

• Flattered though I'm sure Gareth would be, I think we're pretty safe! Would imagine Sunderland would go with a manager with experience of getting out of this division, were they to sack Ross.

• @Sunderlandfan1983 said:
    I am a huge fan on Gareth Ainsworth ...I tink the guy is a genius and could manage at a much higher level...What he's done with you lot on a limited budget is unbelievable.....Sunderland fans are not keen on Jack Ross so I put Gareths name forward as my pick to replace him ....needless to say the other Sunderland fans disagree completely saying the the guy is anti football....just how you have managed to keep hold of him is beyond me.....good luck for the season lads ....you will definitely stop up

Ainsworth and Dobson work incredibly hard on maximizing the returns of the small amounts of cash we have had over the last few years, that includes bringing in people who will fit in and work hard and some level of maximizing how much we can get out of games, allowing players to rest at the right times, attack effectively etc, sometimes it isn't pretty, often its exactly the same as the opposing team, yet their fans feel a god given right to overturn "crap teams like Wycombe" and bitch about everything from the first moment one of their defenders jumps into the back of Bayo, falls over and gets a fowl.

Some other clubs and their fans need to look at their own houses. Having been glowing in praise for Sunderland and our hard earned right to even be playing them and moving some of our regulars to hand over seats to your fans some of them went way over the top at Adams Park ripping up seats etc as well as singing about how tin pot we are.

Singing that we'll be seeing them again next year on the way out was a highlight for me.

• I didn't see the ripping up off seats but if it occured it's clearly unacceptable ....and yes a majority of our fans see us as being too good for league one ...I disagree we deserve to be where we are....the league's don't lie......

• You guys aren't the first , or the worse, we proudly remind people we beat Man City home and away when they were down and it's much funnier when the team "giving it the large" "on loan from the prem" is a Plymouth or Notts County, whatever happened to them?

Wish Sunderland fans well except for when they play us, and Luke O'Nein, even if he got a few gentle welcoming ankle taps last time around we still love him and look forward to the sell on fee later in the year ?

• edited August 2019

and you expect Jack Ross to put everything right at a club that was a total mess and had been mismanaged for years, I would suggest after what happened previously a play off final and checkatrade final was a pretty good return ...... be careful or you will be back to the ellis short days of changing managers like he changed his underpants !!

• I would personally keep Ross he needs to be given time ...the post on the Sunderland forum was more concerning who would you pick when Ross goes....but the pressure is always on if your Sunderland boss because patience and Sunderland fans don't mix...the fans are eager to get out of the division but we have a lot of average players....Luke o'nien not being one of them and is a bit of a fans favourite

• and we have probably replaced him for free now if Alex Pattison can be anything like his first two games and add 7 or 8 goals to his game .....

• @StrongestTeam said:

Ainsworth and Dobson work incredibly hard on maximizing the returns of the small amounts of cash we have had over the last few years, that includes bringing in people who will fit in and work hard and some level of maximizing how much we can get out of games, allowing players to rest at the right times, attack effectively etc, sometimes it isn't pretty, often its exactly the same as the opposing team, yet their fans feel a god given right to overturn "crap teams like Wycombe" and bitch about everything from the first moment one of their defenders jumps into the back of Bayo, falls over and gets a fowl.

Some other clubs and their fans need to look at their own houses. Having been glowing in praise for Sunderland and our hard earned right to even be playing them and moving some of our regulars to hand over seats to your fans some of them went way over the top at Adams Park ripping up seats etc as well as singing about how tin pot we are.

Singing that we'll be seeing them again next year on the way out was a highlight for me.

Brilliant post, agree with every word.

• Gareth is without doubt a master at utilising our limited budget and getting the most out of the players he has picked. ie the right characters, not some of that lot he inherited at the start.

However, it's pretty certain he'd love to have more money to lash around, and that getting the most out of people characteristic is one of the most important in football, whatever the level.

• one of their defenders jumps into the back of Bayo, falls over and gets a fowl.

I know things are bad but when your team is handing out free chickens for knocking Bayo over, things need looking at!

Indeed...they all get told it's going to be tough but yet again Disney's Pompey and Sunderland are favourites for promotion...as it should be I suppose...but definitely not a given!
    As for Jack Ross...like QPR...they will want someone who 'knows this league' and 'how to get out of this league...' before they are willing to take a risk on Gaz so choose one from Steve McLaren, Steve Evans, etc etc

• @micra
    I believe that the ‘stop up’ reference is a prediction that we will stay up in league one (providing we keep hold of GA.)

• As a Northumbrian (not a Wearsider I know), I agree @TheOldMan.