Skip to content

Going West: Crowd Forecast - Bristol Rovers (A) - Sat 10th Aug 19 - Match 2

2»

Comments

• 8222 including 777 Wycombe

• 8,567 including 696 tifosi

• 29 predictions at 19:30 on Friday evening. I have contacted the club about the prize of a signed shirt for the season long competition. I will run a thread for the Reading game.

What we say for this game ...

Average for Total Crowd: 8641
    Average for Away Crowd 719

I remember time wasting before half time in the wind at Swindon, that was a frustrating game. Looking forward to seeing JJ practicing corners for our Ryan during the warm up.

• 8573, including 680 wearing the correct coloured quarters.

• 8782 including 648 who are nice to horses.

• @BlueBoy said:
    8573, including 680 wearing the correct coloured quarters.

Lightening Boys to wear all yellow tomorrow

• 8799 with 801 away

• 8320 with 583 away

• 8675 including 703 Chair Bodgers

• 8108 including 597 from the chair metropolis.

• 8201 total with being 654 Blues

• 8,702 with 701 away

• At 10:40 - on the 10:00 from Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads, on time and no sign of trees on the track so far.

36 predictions to date:

Average for Total Crowd: 8627
    Average for Away Crowd 710

I guess forecasters are considering the weather as well as the chicken entrails and numbers expected are falling very slightly. There are eight people who threw their hat into the ring last week for the Bolton game who have yet to predict this one.
    @Shev, on his current very sharp form, really does need all the competition he can get.
    Anyone contemplating a first time prediction - all I need is a guess for the total attendance today, and the number of away fans included in that total. There are widespread plaudits on here for whoever is the closest.

I am looking forward to the game. The wind might make it the second in a row to be unusual. It will be memorable if our Ryan scores or JJ scores a hat-trick of corners.

• In an interview reported in BFP yesterday GA is quoted as saying “It is a huge club. They will have 10,000 plus there for their first home game.”

So there!

• Too late to get Gareth on the spreadsheet? He could win a signed shirt, you know!

• 7668 including 578 Wycombe (if I heard it correctly).

• edited August 2019

The BBC give 7668 as the crowd.

The winner of the week was @Commoner who forecast 7927. Take a bow, Sir! I hope the commoner is geographic rather than geopolitical.
    Well done to stand out against the crowd: the weather made the game difficult to watch at times and difficult to forecast the number of those who might want to.

An honourable mention for @perfidious_albion who posted the only other sub 8000 forecast with 7936.

Regarding us: @wwfcblue gets plaudits and a round of applause for the prediction of 583 being just 5 people away from 578. @Ned_Ludd was just 21 away with 597. I reckon we did well, fair bit of noise in the teeth of the wind and all the time exposed to the threat of a drenching.

@Shev - I will put the Bucks Free Press / Gareth Ainsworth on the spreadsheet. If he wins - Gareth gets the shirt. However, if they come last, do you think the Bucks Free Press will buy the beer? Please will others keep a sharp eye open for similar predictions from the same source - I don't always read the BFP.

The Reading prediction thread will be up later today.
    Saturday's League game against a club that shouldn't be my also prove a hard one to forecast.

Happy predicting. Up the Blues.