Skip to content

The Opposition View

Is anyone willing to take the torch from vital and trawl the opposition forums to give us a (usually amusing) take on the views of the games from the opposing teams fans and manager?
I have personally really missed this feature of late.
I would love to step up, but with work and two sons under 3, I have no time to commit.
Would love someone with more free time to carry on the much loved thread??

Comments

• Goodness, I'd really love that too!

• I’ve planned to include this on Ringing The Blues, although I spared the Bolton fans last week as they are suffering enough without some two bit podcast taking the piss too.

If there are any willing volunteers to help compile it then I’d appreciate the help. Even better, if there is anyone with a talent for regional accents to help bring it to life then don’t be shy...

• I’ve been banging on about missing ‘Vital opposition view’ myself for a while as well also really hope this happens. My social media skills being zero I can’t step up myself but perhaps some young whipper snapper will. Always marvelled at how quickly Vital produced that thread as well, marvellous stuff.

• edited August 2019

That was superb @NorsQuarters, thank you (said in slightly south London!).

• @bluntphil said:
    I’ve planned to include this on Ringing The Blues, although I spared the Bolton fans last week as they are suffering enough without some two bit podcast taking the piss too.

If there are any willing volunteers to help compile it then I’d appreciate the help. Even better, if there is anyone with a talent for regional accents to help bring it to life then don’t be shy...

What's involved Phil. I've missed those articles too. Limited though my skills maybe, sure I might be able to assist?

• Great stuff @NorsQuarters ! I do most of them myself (might be persuaded next time you visit!) but not in the same class as the guy on the video. Didn’t spot who it was.

• I second the motion that @micra should voice the opposition view segment of the podcast.

• Nothing much moves these days @drcongo. Just had a dry run though and, just as I thought, my Lancashire is indistinguishable from my Yorkshire.

Whoops, all kicking off now.

• I can conform that @micra delivers a very good Home Counties accent!

• Ok. Thanks to some wonderful assistance, the first ever audio version of The Opposition View will be on this week's Ringing The Blues.

@Micra - your time will come...

• Awesome!!