Skip to content

Away Capacity Reduced?

Has the away capacity been reduced again. The Reading web site says only 1700 tickets available. I saw Bolton had 1660 seats despite us saying they had sold out. I remember we used to have an away capacity of 2000 until the horse punchers put paid to that . Has the capability been reduced even further.

Comments

• I'm not sure about this, but it seems a shame not to let Reading have more tickets - they'll almost certainly sell their allocation. The family stand isn't open at the moment, but I'm not sure that's ever been given to away fans in situations like this?

• We had to operate under a reduced capacity following the Bristol Rovers pitch invasion before Torquay, but that surely can’t still be in effect?

I also think our safety certificate capacity is lower than our physical capacity, perhaps for the same reason.

• Still amazes me we effectively got punished for away fans' behaviour. Playing devil's advocate here, but perhaps it should have been coupled with Rovers being handed a reduction in the amount of away tickets they could be sold for the same period?

• Yes surely any reduction should only apply for the goon fans who caused the need for a reduction!

• @th100 said:
    I'm not sure about this, but it seems a shame not to let Reading have more tickets - they'll almost certainly sell their allocation. The family stand isn't open at the moment, but I'm not sure that's ever been given to away fans in situations like this?

Watford were given the whole family stand for a game back in the 90s. The consensus was, I seem to remember, that it gave them an advantage having fans so close to the pitch and hasn't been repeated.

• @Chickenhead Did we sell out to Bolton fans? Last message I read twas that there were less than 200 left midday Fri (further sales only up to 5pm that day) but sales had slowed drastically in the last 2 days. Seeing as there were some spare seats in the away end, 1,660 seems about right, and in line with club announcements.

• The club span something along the line of 'snapped up every ticket available' so I can see why some might assume a sell out.
    It didn't look like every seat was being used but as 'big'club fans aren't allowed to sit down at away games it might have been full.

• 1800 is the capacity must be a typo on the reading website

• No, 1700 for Reading who seem a little irritated that it was cut from 1800, and that they didn't get all tickets released in one go.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/first-batch-of-wycombe-tickets-on-sale-on-tuesday/

• we have so much money now obvs we dont need the income ? I suspect this is on police advice ?? Can @AlanCecil confirm !?

• @rmjlondon said:
    we have so much money now obvs we dont need the income ? I suspect this is on police advice ?? Can @AlanCecil confirm !?

The first part of your post is so incorrect. There but for the grace....................
    I don't have an answer on away capacity at this stage, sorry.

• They sell less than capacity as fans ignore allocated seating

• It was a joke @AlanCecil

• @rmjlondon said:
    It was a joke @AlanCecil

I would suggest you attend a comedy school!

• @mooneyman said:

@rmjlondon said:
    It was a joke @AlanCecil

I would suggest you attend a comedy school!

But not with Frankie Boyle...a Richie/Boyle combination hitting the Gasroom would certainly be a mistake...

• Reading have now sold out their 1700 allocation. Shame we couldn't give them more. I know it might have been difficult to house them in another stand, but it does seem like a lost chance of extra revenue.

• Reading have had their allocation increased to 2000. Are those extra 300 in the Lords BM stand, or in end of Beechdean?

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/wycombe-allocation-extended-to-2000/

• Good decision. Would be frustrating with a stand empty knowing we could have seen more Reading lot in!

• Reading tweeted 50 left not long ago. Extra 300 going into Beechdean blocks H & V.

• Reading allocation all sold.