Skip to content

Comments

• From the WSC season preview

• Fair enough.

• If that was any more backhanded it would be a Nadal winner.

• Read through all the WSC’s season previews and this was the only one to have a go at us!
    ‘Time wasting b@$t@rds (don’t they) know who we are’.

• Met a Plymouth fan at a work event last week. When I said I was Wycombe, he sneered and asked how I could tolerate Ainsworth's brand of football. I said I found it a lot more tolerable than relegation.

• Good answer @OxfordBlue !

• I worked with a Plymouth Argyle fan, back in pre-Ainsworth days, and brought him along with me when we played them at home in the league that season. He stood alongside me on the terrace as Wycombe triumphed 5-1. I have to say he didn't seem to enjoy his visit to Adams Park much.

• I just genuinely don't get some of these fans comments on us.

You'd think we combined the original Wimbledon's thuggish approach, Barcelona style feigning injury, and the worst of Westley's cheaty approach.

• Another point - we receive VERY few red cards, and they are often harsh. Here is the list from the last two seasons.

Luke v Carlisle - handball on the line (harsh)

Harriman v Blackpool - late foul (also seemed harsh)

Allsop v Scunthorpe - rescinded

Bean v Sunderland - fair enough, but I think it was a second yellow too

We are hardly the Stoke City of Tony Pullis.

• edited August 2019

Oh, forgot El Abd pulling someone's hair. That undermines my point a wee bit!

• I think some teams believe that their side failing to break down a team means said team are cheating timewasters who have unfairly stopped their team from scoring. Same as bayo is an appalling footballer who should not be allowed to.score goals against them.

• Any fan whinging about time wasting should be forced to watch highlights of their own team's behaviour when clinging onto a 1-0 lead late on.

• "We are hardly the Stoke City of Tony Pullis"

@Shev, you might want to read the Stacey West piece...

• @Malone said:
    Any fan whinging about time wasting should be forced to watch highlights of their own team's behaviour when clinging onto a 1-0 lead late on.

Spot on. For some reason I can't recall any goalkeeper rushing to retrieve the ball and get it back in play when his team is leading. It must be wonderful for Plymouth fans to see their team behave in such a sporting manner.

• @th100 said:
    "We are hardly the Stoke City of Tony Pullis"

@Shev, you might want to read the Stacey West piece...

I just did, thanks @th100 - I would say you could not make it up, except someone evidently did!

• I don't disagree with everything in that piece, but it's exaggerated, let's say that.

• Agreed @Malone. The game management of US women vs England in the semi final was on a different level to what we see at AP when we're one goal up. The ball was barely in play in the last 10, and they were taking it to the corner flag with still 5 mins on the clock. Yet they were being praised for it from the commentary box - "these Americans really know how to see a game out..." etc etc

• @HCblue said:
    Fair enough.

Why is it fair enough?

• @Shev said:

@Malone said:
    Any fan whinging about time wasting should be forced to watch highlights of their own team's behaviour when clinging onto a 1-0 lead late on.

Spot on. For some reason I can't recall any goalkeeper rushing to retrieve the ball and get it back in play when his team is leading. It must be wonderful for Plymouth fans to see their team behave in such a sporting manner.

I still wonder what their goon fans thought when they booed our clearly injured keeper at their ground that day. I wonder if when he was being stretchered off, and then basically released due to the injury at the end of the season, if they even for a second thought, ohhh....whoops.

• @glasshalffull said:

@HCblue said:
    Fair enough.

Why is it fair enough?

I'll take a grudging compliment over a deranged criticism any day. Why is it not?

• Div 4 irrelevance.

• Bit cryptic @FlyingPostman !

• I read it as fairly accurate description of Plymouth Argyle FC.

• I wish all our massive rivals an enjoyable season ?

• Good start for their €1.5m record signing!

• edited August 2019

He did have a brilliant game apart from that. Some strike from Bradley for his first goal for the club as well. I do wish they were still ours to rattle though.