Skip to content

Who will be left out v. Bolton?

So, the Wycombe squad is now comprised of 23 players. 11 will start tomorrow, with 7 on the bench, which means that 5 will be left out altogether. Jombati and Thompson are out due to long-term injury recovery, so that leaves 3 other poor unfortunate team members who won't be on the team sheet. Who do people think those missing out will be?

My prediction is that MacKail-Smith and Freeman will miss out. Bloomfield could be the other one. He doesn't often get omitted, though, so probably one out of him, Pattison and Gardiner-Smith.

Comments

• Samuel, Freeman and JGS.

• I suspect it will be CMS, Freeman and JGS.

• CMS, Freeman and JGS also - although I'm rather hoping Freeman might be deployed as one of the more advanced two in a midfield three.

• Having been suffering with a growing curiosity about what Bolton Wanderers line-up might look like tomorrow, I have done some research (yes I am this sad) and am stupid enough to predict it will look something like this:

4-4-2
    GK Remi Matthews 25

RB Jason Lowe 27
    CB Jordan Boon 18
    CB Yoann Zouma 18 (Kurt's brother)
    LB Joe Muscatt 18 (possibly out of contract)

RM Dennis Politic 19
    CM Eddie Brown 18
    CM Luke Murphy 29
    LM Erhun Oztumer 28

FW Connor Hall 21 (born in Slough)
    FW Ronan Darcy 18

Subs from:
    GK Matt Alexander
    RB Nathan Whalley
    LB Joe White
    CB Adam Senior
    CB Harry Brockbank (possibly out of contract)
    CB Liam Edwards
    CM Marcus Wood
    CM Sonny Graham
    RM Callum King-Harmes
    FW Finlay Lockett

• Shocking scenes at CM, didn’t realize they were that desperate!

• @floyd Haha! It crossed my mind too. However it would be tricky to mix them up... (Manchester City shirt)

• Our squad:

Allsop
    Grimmer
    El Abd
    Stewart
    JJ
    Gape
    Bloomfield
    Wheeler
    Fred
    Bayo
    Smyth

Injured - Sido & Thompson
    Bench - Yates, Phillips, Mascoll, Pattison, Samuel, Parker, Kashket
    Missing out- JGS, CMS, Freeman

Very harsh on Freeman but we are overloaded offensively, I also expect CMS to depart fairly soon.

Some difficult but pleasant selection dilemmas for tomorrow. My only question is whether Fred/Wheeler are match fit ready to start.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Our squad:

Allsop
    Grimmer
    El Abd
    Stewart
    JJ
    Gape
    Bloomfield
    Wheeler
    Fred
    Bayo
    Smyth

Bench - Yates, Phillips, Mascoll, Pattison, Samuel, Parker, Kashket
    Missing out- JGS, CMS, Freeman

Very harsh on Freeman but we are overloaded offensively, I also expect CMS to depart fairly soon.

Some difficult but pleasant selection dilemmas for tomorrow. My only question is whether Fred/Wheeler are match fit ready to start.

I think Pattison in for Wheeler and Kashket for Fred, for the reason you mentioned. Strong side though.

• @glasshalfempty said:
    Having been suffering with a growing curiosity about what Bolton Wanderers line-up might look like tomorrow, I have done some research (yes I am this sad) and am stupid enough to predict it will look something like this:

4-4-2
    GK Remi Matthews 25

RB Jason Lowe 27
    CB Jordan Boon 18
    CB Yoann Zouma 18 (Kurt's brother)
    LB Joe Muscatt 18 (possibly out of contract)

RM Dennis Politic 19
    CM Eddie Brown 18
    CM Luke Murphy 29
    LM Erhun Oztumer 28

FW Connor Hall 21 (born in Slough)
    FW Ronan Darcy 18

Subs from:
    GK Matt Alexander
    RB Nathan Whalley
    LB Joe White
    CB Adam Senior
    CB Harry Brockbank (possibly out of contract)
    CB Liam Edwards
    CM Marcus Wood
    CM Sonny Graham
    RM Callum King-Harmes
    FW Finlay Lockett

Tory Goon in centre midfield for Bolton ? Should be interesting seeing him going into a 50/50 with Jacob Gardiner Smith.

• Latest news is striker Connor Hall hasn't travelled due to injury. Josh Magennis refused to travel having serving notice of resignation on his contract.

James Weir is a free agent after leaving Hull City and the left midfielder might be involved.

Josh Earl could play at left-back ahead of a possible loan move from Preston North End.

Goalkeeper Ben Alnwick could be named on the bench.

• Freeman was pretty much our best player for the last 5 games or so last season. Surely he won't be left out the squad all together.

I'll go with CMS, Mascoll (Phillips on bench enough defensive cover) and Wheeler (not match fit) missing out

• Freeman ahead of Parker surely? Freeman is such a good and underrated player

• Can’t we just lend Bolton some of our players? Then everyone’s happy

• I think this is what I would choose with 4-4-2, I enjoyed it when we played 4-4-2 last season. Dificult decision to not put Bayo in as it sounds like he had a good pre-season but last season some of my favourite games were when we didn't have Bayo. But with Bayo, Kashkett and Samuel to bring on we have such a wealth of attacking options and any could start. I would be a bit worried about the defence as it doesn't seem any stronger than last season but if we were 4-4-2 they have more protection. As much as I love JJ it would be interesting to see Mascoll. JGS to fill in for Thompson in a battling role, a chance to build up some experience against a young Bolton side who might not be able to cope with blood and thunder League One football. To drop Freeman would seem criminal after some dogged performs even when we were struggling last year.

Therefore CMS, Pattison and Parker to miss out.

Allsop
    Grimmer
    El Abd
    Stewart
    JJ
    Wheeler
    Gape
    JGS
    Freeman
    Fred
    Smyth