Skip to content

Josh Parker signs

Another one!

Comments

• Not so sure about this one. Can't say I was overly impressed by him in pre-season - and as I've mentioned elsewhere, he's had 13 clubs in a ten-year career. Only 166 appearances. But...if Gareth has seen enough of him and he performs like he did at Gillingham a couple of seasons ago, we could be in luck!

• I thought it was last season at Gillingham.

• He was there for the first half of last season - scored the equaliser against us at their place - but 17/18 was his best scoring season. 12 in 50 in all comps - and I'm pretty sure he wasn't playing as a central striker - as well as 4 assists.

• He'll offer something different, Gaz isn't shy about bombing people out if they don't want to work or fit.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How local is he @fame_46 ?
    BTW the Gillingham game was that cold, sleety day at Priestfield just before Christmas. He scored with a header to make it 2-2.

• @micra said:
    How local is he @fame_46 ?
    BTW the Gillingham game was that cold, sleety day at Priestfield just before Christmas. He scored with a header to make it 2-2.

That was ultimately a miserable day out wasn’t it.

• edited August 2019

Fun fact: At Red Star Belgrade, he played up front with Luka Jović, who Real Madrid recently signed for 52.4 million.

• I think it’s safe to say that CMS will probably be heading out of the club at some point this season, either on loan or more likely for good.

• Can someone do a squad list, hard to keep up

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Can someone do a squad list, hard to keep up

Was just thinking the same. Could be anything from 16-24?

• @th100 said:
    Fun fact: At Red Star Belgrade, he played up front with Luka Jović, who Real Madrid recently signed for 52.4 million.

I wonder which of them scored the greater number of goals? Good job Josh was a free agent!

• Allsop, Yates

El-Abd, Jombati, Phillips, Stewart

Grimmer, Jacobson, Mascoll

Bloomfield, Gape, Gardiner-Smith, Pattison, Thompson, Wheeler

Freeman, Kashket, Onyedinma, Smyth

Akinfenwa, Mackail-Smith, Parker, Samuel

• A right-back short - or centre-back considering Sido can still serve as an emergency RB

• When was the last time we brought in 9 summer signings?!

• Crikey, Wikipedia doesn’t hang around. Decided to check if he was indeed a free agent only to discover that he plays as a forward for Wycombe Wanderers. Very local - Slough.

• Feel churlish to complain but seems we’ve overdone the attacking signings and largely ignored the lack of decent centre backs or goalkeeper. Reckon we’ll need to score at least 2 if not 3 to win a game

• We have Jack Grimmer, Sido Jombati, Anthony Stewart, Adam El-Abd, Joe Jacobson, Darius Charles (fingers crossed that his hip problem has been sorted), Giles Phillips, Jamie Mascoll and Ben Frempah. Should be enough (and I’ve probably overlooked someone).

• I wonder if JP has heard, "We all f@ckin hate Slough!"

• Shame I can't find similar anywhere other than The Sun, but this is well worth a read. Good on the lad, and I hope he finds his home here at Wycombe and fulfills that potential!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8123065/gillingham-josh-parker-football-serbia-cardiff-fa-cup/

• Happy with that signing. Was impressed with him late last season in Charlton's play off games

• Impressive guy. Wish him well.

• @micra said:

I don't know how many games I've been to, but it's well over a thousand, and that was by far the worst conditions I've ever watched football in. My clothes might still be wet.

Parker definitely wasn't playing as a striker that day.

• But he does have a nose for goal. Possible nickname there!

• I demand he shouts 'Yus M'Lady!!' after every goal.

• I just want us to sign Törles Knöll on loan from Nuremberg now, to play alongside him...

• @LeedsBlue, if only Nathan Tyson was still playing for us too.

• @BlueBoy said:

@micra said:

I don't know how many games I've been to, but it's well over a thousand, and that was by far the worst conditions I've ever watched football in. My clothes might still be wet.

@BlueBoy said:

@micra said:

Agreed it was absolutely awful conditions

• Was it worse than Portsmouth(?) the season before that was called off? I flew over for that one...