Skip to content

Comments

• Yup. Very cool. Just the sort of thing to appeal to visitors.

• That’s it for me. Vote for Rob!

• As a big Rebellion fan, this news is almost as welcome as all the new signings.

• Great stuff !!

• I'm sure I'll wake up in a moment and realise this is all a dream!

• A number of thumbs up for this...followed by some staggering around the car-park.

• This is incredible news

• Fantastic stuff. Better beer and sorts out capacity issues in the Vere.

• Things really are on the up!
    Some of the best ale available locally, a massive well done to everyone who made this happen.

• I hear they are going to be selling the Rebellion lager, hopefully they will partition the tent, so those of us that like cold lager dont risk getting sandal whip lash and being infested by beard lice by the warm ale suppers.

• Hope they show the rugby on a big screen during the world cup and 6 nations

• @ChasHarps said:
    I hear they are going to be selling the Rebellion lager, hopefully they will partition the tent, so those of us that like cold lager dont risk getting sandal whip lash and being infested by beard lice by the warm ale suppers.

What's the matter lager boy, scared you might taste something?

• @ChasHarps said:
    I hear they are going to be selling the Rebellion lager, hopefully they will partition the tent, so those of us that like cold lager dont risk getting sandal whip lash and being infested by beard lice by the warm ale suppers.

That won’t save you from the craft beer movement, although at least their beards don’t tend to contain yesterday’s evening meal.

• Craft Beer Hipsters, the more tedious form of warm beer supper, tend to jump aboard any bandwagon going, whether it be Dulwich Hamlet, Gerry Cinnamon or boring the pants about Vegan food.
    Where as the less refined Real ale quaffer, can regale tales of drinking 20 pints of 'old peculiar' shitting himself 3 times at The great British beer festival, but still waddled to Hammersmith Odeon to watch Deep Purple in the same pair of flared denims.
    But all the same both species to be avoided at all costs.

• Embrace the fabulous local ales we have on our doorstep Chasy baby!
    Rather than the fizzy chemical infused piss you drink (fosters!) which is produced by a multinational company run by the capitalists you purport to despise...
    I have never shat myself at the great British beer festival lagerboy, but as I will going there next Friday, that could quite easily change.

• Wonderful news. I hope I can use my Rebellion members discount!

• Me Harps in his piss stained chinos> @ChasHarps said:

Craft Beer Hipsters, the more tedious form of warm beer supper, tend to jump aboard any bandwagon going, whether it be Dulwich Hamlet, Gerry Cinnamon or boring the pants about Vegan food.
    Where as the less refined Real ale quaffer, can regale tales of drinking 20 pints of 'old peculiar' shitting himself 3 times at The great British beer festival, but still waddled to Hammersmith Odeon to watch Deep Purple in the same pair of flared denims.
    But all the same both species to be avoided at all costs.

• I often read posts before I look to see who wrote them. It’s a childish (?) little game which I quite enjoy. It can be challenging but there are a fair few who are instantly recognisable. I was thrown initially by the diatribe about real ale drinkers until I realised that @ChasHarps can after all manage a meatier message.

I’m torn between wanting to meet this seemingly unhappy person and agreeing with him that the lager drinkers should be partitioned off.

• @FmG said:
    Wonderful news. I hope I can use my Rebellion members discount!

Sadly not - as Rebellion are not running the bar themselves. But at least you are helping the club by paying the full price.

• Great news, good beer and just what should be doing partnering up with a local business and employer instead of a multi-national tax avoider 'Lloyd George' Wheeler will be pleased, I shall be there with beard (they're not lice but left over pork scratchings), desert boots and poo stained sta-prest earned en-route to the Camden Palace to see 9-Below Zero

• @AlanCecil said:

@FmG said:
    Wonderful news. I hope I can use my Rebellion members discount!

Sadly not - as Rebellion are not running the bar themselves. But at least you are helping the club by paying the full price.

Lift for Saturday now sorted so I'll very happily get down early to buy a few full prices pints!

• Can anyone at the ground report which Rebellion beers are available? I can’t make it to the game today but I’m a big Zebedee fan so hoping that will be one of those regularly on offer. Thanks.

• @Sherrinford said:
    Can anyone at the ground report which Rebellion beers are available? I can’t make it to the game today but I’m a big Zebedee fan so hoping that will be one of those regularly on offer. Thanks.

IPA and Blond

• They had run out of both when I went in about 2.20pm - had sold 120 pints of each in the home tent, which seems a good amount for a first effort. Happily, they'd restocked after the game and there was a fair number of people enjoying a post-match pint.

I imagine this could be a big earner once they refine the process.

I didn't have the cajun burger I had hoped for today - the queue for food on the terrace was so long as to put me off both before the game and at half-time.

• Had the Cajun burger from the away beer tent. Burger was good quality and tasty as barbequed. Cajun aspect was just a spice sprinkle. Good but no £4.50 good.

• Burgers in FA Upper were appalling today. On the raw side of pink. Sorry to say, but food just gets worse. Has to be a priority for the Couhigs.

• I was ready to be won over on the improved food PR but my Frank Adams bought burger wasn't worthy of the hype. I know it's not easy to get people to cook good food but until they do the hot air claiming everything is better won't cook the burgers

• Bloody burgers

• Will be disappointing if it's ipa and blond most weeks when they sell better ales than those 2.

• @Aylesburyblue said:
    Will be disappointing if it's ipa and blond most weeks when they sell better ales than those 2.

As long as it's not that horrid Roasted Nuts (and I've been a Rebellion member for the last 11 years). It's all about personal taste. I love blonde, fruity beers and TBH IPA as a base. I think that on a hot summers day, they went for those basics and clearly chose well as they sold out.