Skip to content

Comments

• I can't cope with anything relating to "ringing the blues" after as a young teen becoming addicted and unknowingly running up my parents phone bill to about £300 or so...
    The embarrassment at being sat down in a family meeting and being bollocked for it... And being forced to slowly pay it back still haunts me!!! Hahahahahaha

• As a personal friend of Hutch, is Andrew Harman still interested in the football club?

• Best of luck with the podcast @bluntphil. Buzzing to hear the first episode

• Did he think he could back up his warning to that necky Man City fan in '99, or was he just bluffing and hoping it would put him off?

• Just do his stories as the podcast all season

• I'm Alan Hutchinson, and YOU'RE ringing the blues.

Oh the memories.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Did he think he could back up his warning to that necky Man City fan in '99, or was he just bluffing and hoping it would put him off?

Does he look like the sort of guy who could handle himself in a scuffle!!

• Maine Road was mentioned...

• Coincidentally, I was also threatened by an irate City fan for celebrating our win at Maine Road-and that was in the directors box! I was glad that I had support from a chap in the row behind me, a certain Ron Yeats, the former captain of Liverpool FC, a 6’4” man mountain described by the great Bill Shankly as a ‘colossus’.
    Shanks once famously asked the press to meet Yeats, inviting them to ‘come and have a walk around our new captain’!

• You were mentioned in dispatches by Hutch @glasshalffull!

• @Malone said:
    Does he look like the sort of guy who could handle himself in a scuffle!!

More, er, 'mature' folk love standing up for themselves in a scrap, that's why you get all those stories of 89-year-olds filling in would-be muggers and the like. Whereas if an angry opposition fan charged towards me I'd cry, curl up in the foetal position and hope he took pity on me.

• I dare say he would.

Is the Wanderer on sale on Saturday, Jonny?

• Sure is!

• Note the Couhig touch!

• Biting fingernails here in the VallyWanderer camp!??

• @ValleyWanderer apologies, but the Hutch interview has taken the airtime on this episode so you are spared, on this episode at least.

Thanks for the input yesterday though!

• Great stuff Phil, really enjoyed the Hutch interview. Can I put in requests for future interviews with Saint Martin and Chuck Martini please?

• Cheers @drcongo

Will certainly add those names to the list.

All suggestions and feedback are welcome. Hoping for this to evolve and get better as the season unfolds.

• absolutely terrific listening to that on the commute in this morning

• Top work @bluntphil , made the northern line more acceptable this morning. Unsurprisingly a fair bit more professional than others we have seen.
    As someone who got Hutch on comms when he was maybe a little after his peak it was a good listen, he obviously deserves a lot of respect for his input in his roles and tells a good yarn.
    Would be good to get a few fans views on there, even if only to dissect how wrong and fickle we all are, regular legend interviews would be great, sergio, all St Martins boys and the man him self, Roy Essandoh..Dare you to do Alan Sm*th or even Sanchez.

• Do a ref's special with Royston Osbourne, Eddie Green and Martin O'Neill.

• Cheers @StrongestTeam

I need to work out a method of getting fans voices on there. Was thinking about a phone number where fans can leave a voice message with their concise thoughts on the game. What don’t people reckon to that?

And then every now and then, we could record a proper round table with a mix of fans to discuss al sorts...

• @TwinBrother I wonder what Philip Don does these days?

• Did he have a run in with the blessed Martin?

• by the way, the striker that Hutch was talking about who refused to go in on Boxing Day.....Nicky Evans yeah?

• Great idea Phil - and fits in perfectly with the retro name of the podcast.