Skip to content

David Wheeler Signs

Comments

• Fml ainsworth behave !!!

• That's allayed my previous midfield concerns. Just GK position to sort now.

• 47 goals in 217 professional appearances (I've left out the data on his time at Lewes as I'm not sure it's accurate). Not bad for a midfielder!

• When does Rocky’s contract expire?

• 21 goals in 46 games for Exeter in 16-17!

Spoilt with signings. Lucky we didn't expect any permo signings right!!

• Prodigious @th100 . I’m beginning to come over dizzy.

• Sounds like he wins a lot of headers whilst not being the tallest

• PCH style.

• Have no idea how it all fits together and who plays where but it sounds great.

• First of all I got him mixed up with David Wheater! Thinking that was a heck of a signing.
    Checking on him now, he's at Bolton according to Wiki.

See if he's playing at the weekend!

• @micra said:
    When does Rocky’s contract expire?

This will be his second season of a three year contract.

• @BlueBoy said:

@micra said:
    When does Rocky’s contract expire?

This will be his second season of a three year contract.

Don't worry with goals a plenty from our exciting frontline, combative midfield and overlapping full backs Rocky can afford to knock a few into his own net/drop a few at the feet of an attacker/parry a few into the path of an onrushing midfielder! :smile:

• Looks like QPR is coming to Gareth...!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • but he's only playing his mates @fame_46 :smile:

• Interesting that Pompey fans on Twitter have described him as "average", "limited" and "shite", while Exeter's love him to bits. He made 18 appearances for Pompey and 171 for Exeter - albeit it a lower level. I wonder whose judgement to trust...

• From the Portsmouth fans I've spoke to, they think the same of Bryn Morris. Take with that what you will...

• It's just Millwall and Fred all over again. Some players just don't settle in at some clubs - for a multitude of reasons - but some fans don't seem to accept that.

• David Wheeler is a brilliant signing, for Exeter was absolutely different class, QPR paid quite a large fee for him.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Luckily Pompey are a big club who were promoted and can set their recruitment sights higher....oh.
    Oh well, they'll be promoted this year.
    With Sunderland...

• @rmjlondon said:
    David Wheeler is a brilliant signing, for Exeter was absolutely different class, QPR paid quite a large fee for him.

Keep taking the happy pills Richie, they are certainly working!

• So is this just QPRs sneaky way of trying to win the Checkatrade?

• Isn't it crazy that our oldest signing is only 28

• We're all doomed I tell ya! Ainsworth and Stroud out!!??????(Thanks guys...and Rob!)

• @Wendoverman said:> Don't worry with goals a plenty from our exciting frontline, combative midfield and overlapping full backs Rocky can afford to knock a few into his own net/drop a few at the feet of an attacker/parry a few into the path of an onrushing midfielder!

Don't forget giving away needless penalties.

• Let's not be too greedy. We have to have one player left for the trolls. (For the record I think Rocky is as good as most of the other L1 goalies we saw last year...)

• On his day, he's up there, but those days don't come often enough. If he can cut the mistakes down and become more commanding, we might be in luck.

• Someone told me that Rocky's looking more confident in the box this season, so he certainly deserves a chance. It's the Wycombe way.

• edited July 2019

I wonder if those retained had appraisals? And what was in Rocky's "do more of", "do less of" and "keep doing" lists?

Or was he like Keith from 'The Office'?